Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ego crappie net

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ego crappie net

Saw a net used to land crappie, on the midwest crappie program on the sportsman channel. They said it was made by Ego. I found them at e-angler.com and ordered one. 29.95 plus shipping. Does anyone have and use one of these nets? I wanted a new net to use but could not stomach the price of the frabil or Bill Dance units at BPS or Academy. Not much different at Cabelas either. It's supposed to have a strong extendable handle, and a rubber net. I just hope it's not heavy like the rubber net BPS sells for bass.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

We have one and you will like it.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you made a wise choice...I like mine...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Did the price sound about right? Didn't find that many places that carry it but was a lot better than the big chains.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

Yea we paid 36 2 years ago.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, with shipping was 36.95 but that beats the crap out of 74.95 for the Bill Dance net. Now just have to wait for the sloooow ups bus to arrive.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy1 View Post
    Saw a net used to land crappie, on the midwest crappie program on the sportsman channel. They said it was made by Ego. I found them at e-angler.com and ordered one. 29.95 plus shipping. Does anyone have and use one of these nets? I wanted a new net to use but could not stomach the price of the frabil or Bill Dance units at BPS or Academy. Not much different at Cabelas either. It's supposed to have a strong extendable handle, and a rubber net. I just hope it's not heavy like the rubber net BPS sells for bass.
    Thats a good price everywhere i have looked was 39.99 before shipping costs cant see paying that much

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy1 View Post
    Did you get the rubber or nylon version

Post Thanks / Like

i saw a great looking folding version with extended handle. i thought wow that is the perfect net. then i saw the $80 price tag!!! The doctor said i should make a complete recovery and there was only minimal damage to my heart.lol i guess fishing is becoming a rich man's sport. i guess i will have to just stick with an academy el cheapo $6.99 dipnet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish5 View Post
    i saw a great looking folding version with extended handle. i thought wow that is the perfect net. then i saw the $80 price tag!!! The doctor said i should make a complete recovery and there was only minimal damage to my heart.lol i guess fishing is becoming a rich man's sport. i guess i will have to just stick with an academy el cheapo $6.99 dipnet.
    Isnt it amazing how these manufactures think everyone make a 6 digit income for the prices just keep going up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast