Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: world record black crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default world record black crappie?

just sitting here watching some bill dance. he's finally doing a show on crappie fishing. he just said the world record black crappie was 6 lbs. caught in the 50's somewhere in louisiana. and the white crappie i think he said was 5.3 lb's...i was looking all around the internet and did look like the world record on a white was 5.3 lb's i think...but the black well i found, world record was 4.8 and then i found i think right at 5 lb's...but could'nt find a record of a 6 lb black crappie. anyone know anything about a 6 lb black crappie. don't know why bill dance would come up with false info so was just wondering
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The world records I find are not up to date anyway. The record for brown bull head was only like 5lb. until I found the Washington record at 11. I will bet Bill has done enough research to find the biggest fish from all the states so I would believe him before the internet. I would email him and ask him where he got information from.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

According to the back cover of my Missouri fishing reg. book, the "world" record black crappie is 5lb. 0 oz.
    I believe he is in the aquarium at PBS in Columbia MO and they named him "Pat" caught in a farm pond.
    Q
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

july 1957 enid res. mississippi white 5lb.3oz

Illinois D.N.R. list black crappie 6lb caught nov.1969 at west wego cannal la.
    I taped it and re checked
    Last edited by beagle man; 03-01-2009 at 02:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

So far I have been able to find at least a 6lb. 2oz black and a 5lb. 2oz. white. The part that sucks is I can find different sites to report the records for the same state and they are rarely the same.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about the record black, but they have the world record white mounted in the visitors center at Enid Lake Mississippi where it was caught. 5 pounds 3 ounces

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

KCMO I'm sure all his info is gave to him by somebody else, so his info only has a 50/50 chance of being correct. How do you like those shows being done on private lake & ponds. Would like to see more on public waterways.

Post Thanks / Like

ditto jj

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    july 1957 enid res. mississippi white 5lb.3oz

Illinois D.N.R. list black crappie 6lb caught nov.1969 at west wego cannal la.
    I taped it and re checked
    Yep. I don't think the 6#er Illinois DNR is recognized by the IFGA as the world record. At least that's what my understanding is.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jiggin View Post
    How do you like those shows being done on private lake & ponds. Would like to see more on public waterways.

I agree! Fishing private lakes and ponds is kind of like shooting fish in a barrell!
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast