Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Young Ones Hard Headed (true)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Young Ones Hard Headed (true)

This Is A True Story And I Am Bored Today. When We Started Fishing Truman I Took My Newphew With Me A Lot, Well Seems He Has Been Telling Grandpa (my Father In Law) That The Reason I Always Caught More Crappie Was Because I Ran The Trolling Motor All The Time And Was The First Down At A Tree..... We I Get Wind Of This, So Next Trip And He Is About 14 Then I Said You Run The Trolling Motor And He Is Unaware Of What I Am Up To, So Boy He Jumps At The Chance, We Are Fishing A Large Tree Just South Of Zz Hwy Bridge And Pretty Soon He Is Hooking Boat To Tree And Is At The Back With Me, And I Said What Are U Doing Back Here, He Said You Have Already Caught 5 Nice Ones, I Said Yes And Have A Seat Young Man.... Now Let Me Tell You Something, Anytime Someone Wants To Run The Trolling Motor And Let Me Just Fish I Welcome The Break And What More Do I Need To Prove To You....... He Never Said Anything Again..... End Of Story
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

been there and done that several time's myself oss...most don't wanna learn how to run it and run it well...everyone iv'e welcomed to come on up because i got tired of listening to them whine. i will sit in the back and it will last about 15 minute's and if the wind is blowing then about 1 minute. i love taking a break and kick'n it in the back. however i do have problem's with people wanting to stand directly behind me and dip there jig 3 inche's from mine. i only have a 15 footer and that deck is'nt big enough for 2 people. i do my best not to front end the boat and work it so we can both dip the stump at the same time but then again i will tell them look around i just passed up 3 or 4 stump's untouched so you could get first dib's and i will fish the stump's that are in the front of the boat. never can please them all that's why it's nice to get out by myself and just do as i wish with no additional input...and a lot of time's those have been my more successful day's!!!

oh an P.S. it's not just the young one's it's all age's!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Been there Done That

People don't realize how much concentration it takes to run the trolling motor and fish at the same time, especially if you are trying to positon the boat so the backseater are in a good spot also. My favorite is "Hey back up"--like bass boats really go well backwards. But no one ever wants to take your place especially if (like you said ) the wind is blowing. I think a lot of the reason you sometimes catch more fish is because you are concentrating harder than your partner. Just my 2 cents.

Good Luck
    N2

Post Thanks / Like

if i had a nickle for evertime i had to tell my partner "it isn't a car" sometime's you can't just back up or just move to the right or left at the drop of a dime. iv'e even had a couple people tell me i needed to mount a transom trolling motor on each side of the boat. some people just don't get it but i have learned to learn a little selective hearing when i'm out there trying to get my partner on fish. had a buddy that wanted to give it a try one day. no wind at all after a half hour i saw him on all four's using his hand on the foot control. just could'nt figure it out using the foot only been one person i have found that is up to my standard's, and you know who you are "CAPTAIN" but then all the people i fish with are usually in my boat so i take control:D
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ever have anyone in your boat when your fishing verticl over sunken brush and all they want to do is cast. I have a neighbor that I take fishing that says I keep him out of position for catching crappie when were fishing. Were over a brush pile with a marker dropped in so we know where it's at. I tell him to drop his line no more than 12' or he will get hung up in the brush. Were both using 10' poles so it's not hard to figure out the amount of line out. I catch 3 fish and he's re-tieing for the 2nd time. This time he picks up a casting outfit and starts casting around the boat. I catch another couple of fish and he's changing jig's. I tell him were sitting over the brush and drop straight down 12' to the top of the brush that that's where they are. No doing he starts casting again. We ended the day with 12 fish I had 11 he had 1 and then he tell's his wife that I kept him off the fish. When we troll thats another story.

Post Thanks / Like

Me Too My grandkids don't fish anymore as they discovered Boys and Girls Teen agers . and some just won't go anymore too hard to clean up after themselves.... If you know what I mean

Post Thanks / Like

I got one of them stories. back many years ago I head to the ole fishing hole west of mt.vernon past uncle elmers house, my dad seem me walking rod and worms in hand you want a ride to williams creek yes we get to the creek and I get out ready to fish. and darn there is someone in my fishing spot, my seceret spot, man I am mad. so I whip arround tell my day( this is where the your hard headed part comes in ) Harold tell that guy to get out of my spot. well son lets walk down there and see what is going on. well this hard headed kid learned something that day. Instead of running the guy off I found a new fishing buddy 15 and I knew it all! I fished that spot many years later. kept looking for the old man. never seen him again. good thing too cause I was bigger and I would have run him off. :D