Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pommona Heatin Up

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pommona Heatin Up

My Buddy From Kansas Called Yesterday And Said Things Were Starting To Get Better On Pommona, Said He Had 44 Keepers Thursday, Half Were 12", Will Head There As Soon As The Phone Rings..... Love Fishing Those Channels Over There, Schools Of Crappie Bigger Than My House......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

now what are you smoking kansas has no fish. thats what the big boys tell me

Post Thanks / Like

must be smoking "the kind" cuz there isn't big crappie in kansas, not at all:D
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got Pics

Well I Have To Admit They Are Only 1 To 2 Lbers Over There, Got Some Pics Of 96 He Sent Me Home With About 6 Years Ago And None Were Under A Pound, But That Lake Is Crazy, Like Now It Is Getting Good So They Say 50 Limit And No Length Restrictions, So 2000 Jayhawk Boats Show Up Clean It Out Then For Several Years It Ain't Worth A Hoot Again.....sure Fun Trolling Open Channels Though..... No Trees In Kansas So There Is No Birds No Place For Them To Sit.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Well I Have To Admit They Are Only 1 To 2 Lbers Over There, Got Some Pics Of 96 He Sent Me Home With About 6 Years Ago And None Were Under A Pound, But That Lake Is Crazy, Like Now It Is Getting Good So They Say 50 Limit And No Length Restrictions, So 2000 Jayhawk Boats Show Up Clean It Out Then For Several Years It Ain't Worth A Hoot Again.....sure Fun Trolling Open Channels Though..... No Trees In Kansas So There Is No Birds No Place For Them To Sit.......
    hope you know oss we were just playing, there are a lot of hawg's in kansas. just ask anyone, iv'e spent more time and money in kansas fishing than in my home state this last year. awesome lake's to fish and about the same drive for me as truman and the other wonderful missouri lake's. we will have to hook up and fish berry bend, that's the only area i have fished in my 20+ years of fishing truman. great little area especially when you only got a 15 hp like i do..lot's of good area's to fish all close together. only thing is when that wind kick's up it is a tuff area to find out of the wind. good fishing and keep the report's coming:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Hear Ya

all fun and i have fished a lot of kansas lakes, best one was lacygne, i worked at power plant and fished the intake at night, like shooting fish in a barrel.... hillsdale is good, melvrin in good, some nice slabs out there, just windy a lot.... and yes barry is a windy place at times, some of my best spots you can't get out of the wind....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    all fun and i have fished a lot of kansas lakes, best one was lacygne, i worked at power plant and fished the intake at night, like shooting fish in a barrel.... hillsdale is good, melvrin in good, some nice slabs out there, just windy a lot.... and yes barry is a windy place at times, some of my best spots you can't get out of the wind....

yeah most of my spot's you can't get out of the wind either but i do what i can sometime's i tie up and fight the wind and use slip bobber's and cast a lot but sometime's it's just to darn windy in my little boat! that's when i will leave the boat on the trailer and walk down on the coffer dam on the opposite side of the ramp and just walk the rock's, just gota watch for snake's but if the weather is'nt right there sometime's not there. part of fishing tho. iv'e beached the boat several time's and fished some deep hole's i can reach from the bank as well in the cove's

Post Thanks / Like

no big fish in kansas, new kansas dept of fishing and boating and staying away says no big fish in kansas. they sent me my money back and told me to fish only stockton lake nothing but 12 and 14inchers there. so fish stockton.

I will check ks. lakes from time to time and let you know when the fish return.