Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BPS Changing the Rules!! Tube prices up

Post Thanks / Like

Default BPS Changing the Rules!! Tube prices up

Went to BPS for the Spring Classic. Anyone notice how much BPS increased the prices on their Squirming Squirts crappie tubes?? Used to be 1.49 for 20 1.5" or for 15 2" tubes (yeah, I know, 2 years ago it was only $1.29). They go on sale every spring (used to be for 88 cents, now it's 94 cents) so I went out to pick some 1.5" up cause it basically would have been $4.70 per hundred. Turns out it's now 15 to a package for 1.5" and 10 per package for 2"!! That's a 33% and 50% price increase, respectively. On sale, it's still not a bad deal for the 1.5", but otherwise you're much better off buying the southern pro from Cabelas or buying from Barlows or a local supplier.

Just another case of trying to hide price increases by reducing the quantity you get for a given amount.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you tell BPS you were on to them?
    Small Boat Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Left the tubes on the check-out counter in protest. Not only that, the so-called sparkle squirts weren't part of the sale, even though they're all hung together and the same price when not on sale. My bad for not noticing, I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

I was flipping through the 09 catalog last night and noticed the prices have went up on just about everything.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah they will be asking for the old bail out next. you might want to check out buying that stuff on line, you can save alot of money on some of the sites mentioned here on this forum. Wal-Mart went up from $1.68 to $1.96 a pack on the jigs i buy. So i figured if i bought 1,000 of them from Wal-Mart it would cost me $196 and i can buy them on line including the shipping price for about $85 so I am saving $100 that is a huge savings for such a little amount of money spent. Maybe if everyone bought stuff on line, these stores would come down on their prices.

Post Thanks / Like

You're right. I buy most everything on line; bought about 1200 jigs from Grousefly last year; saved a little money, quality was high, and I'd do it again. Plastics are harder, because the color selection doesn't seem as wide and it's harder for smaller outfits to compete with Southern Pro on price, so there are don't seem to be many who make their own, they just resell. There's one plastic a local guy used to make for me, but he's not doing it anymore. Love to find someone who could make it for me, and I may have found one guy, but no product to look at yet. We'll see. I promised to buy 1000 if it's right, 'cause I go through 'em!

Post Thanks / Like

when you get a picture of it let us see it, others here might want to purchase some if the guy needs the business

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i went by our store here in savannah. they even have gone up. was going to get some rocket shads by strike king $3.99 they stayed right thier on the shelf. i also checked on some turkey loads for a 20 ga. the winch xtened range was 39.99 i just walked away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished-out

Post a thread on Tackleunderground Home in the soft plastics section and see if any of the guys can help you out. Some of the guys their make some really cool stuff

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

OK, thanks, I'll try that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast