Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floatation Devices

Post Thanks / Like

Default Floatation Devices

We have been thinking about getting new life jackets and just wondered what everyone else is using or likes - for those of you who use them

Post Thanks / Like

I use the mustang auto inflate. I like it

Post Thanks / Like

mustang auto inflate
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep a couple of these in my boat. Mississippi's new mandatory floataion device law on Corp's lakes makes these more practical when trolling. More comfortable than a regular vest.
    Cabela's Guardian Series Inflatable PFDs and Rearming Kit

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Those auto inflate devices can surprise you. From what I heard, a member got surprised by one of these in Mississippi a year or two ago. Something about waders and heavy rain?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truck Inner Tube

I Use One Of Dem Ther Big Truck Inner Tubes It's The Only Thing That Will Fit Around Me....... Only Been Patched 34 Times.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    Those auto inflate devices can surprise you. From what I heard, a member got surprised by one of these in Mississippi a year or two ago. Something about waders and heavy rain?
    duncan,,,i had heard that same story but wasn't sure,,,,,,,,must'a been something to see:p
    my next l/j/vest will be one of these,,people i know that have them say they never take them off while in the boat,u seem to just forget that u have it on,,,,i haven't tried one but would like to in the future
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I like the inflata-belt from Stearns. Its small, unobtrusive, inexpensive, and all I have to do to inflate it is yank the little yellow pull-cord. Its comfortable enough that I don't mind leaving it on when its hot.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

i would check the regulations in your state. those inflatable life vests are only good in most states if you are wearing them. like in alabama as long as you have a regular life vest in the boat you are good. if the water patrol or game warden pulls up you just have to show them to them. with the inflatables if you have them but are not wearing them then they will give you a ticket. i bought 3 myself. 1 for my dad, 1 for my brother, 1 for myself. i keep 3 regular one's in my storage so i will be legal if we take off the inflatables. they are a lot more comfortable to wear. but you have to watch out. my dad has already caught the pull tab of his on his burr suit and inflated it. lol you would have died laughing if you had been there. lol i heard a big WHOOSH!!! and looked back.it looked like it was about to pinch his head off. had his face looking straight up. no way he could have gotten his head under the water. but he thought he was going to choke before i could get him unlatched.lol i'm sure he wouldnt have but he was about to panic. i was just glau i could get him to wear it the whole time he was fishing. i think most people would be happy with them. i think everyone should wear a life jacket at least while on plane. if you can affoed them they are definetly nice. good luck and be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Mustang auto inflate
    Fishing is always good. Catching is sometimes bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast