Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hunnewell Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hunnewell Lake

Hello everyone,
    I read an article about Hunnewell lake having great crappie fishing and I was interested in knowing if anyone ever fishes this lake. I have never fished it and wouldn't really know where to start on it, but I am thinking of giving it a try. The lake is located in northeast missouri and is only a couple hundred acres in size. Any information on this lake would be great. Also, they don't allow personal boats to be on the lake, but you can rent a boat from them. Thanks and great fishing to everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't fished it in some years. Not since my father-in-law died some 10 years ago. We did catch crappie and some bass along the damn. Caught a few nice red ears. Some good catfish in there also (at the boat launch). When we went you rented a boat then we would need to bring our own and now according to a thread you need to use their boats again. I think, from what I read, it is first come first serve. We use to use a 9.9 but I'm not sure if a gas motor is allowed now. Nice camp grounds if you like camping. Over all a hidden secret from what I remember.