Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jordan 2/26

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jordan 2/26

Got tired of catching little males in the creek, so I went looking. Finally found decent fish in the river, Haw. caught 28 worth keeping, no nice big uns , mostly 12'' to 13 1/2''. Around a lb or little better. All females, bustin with eggs. Looked like they was 10 months pregnant. All caught in 32 ft water, flat on the bottom with minnows. They arent quite ready yet to hit the beds but looks like they are starting to stage just a little. I was thinkin better ones are still deep, within short distance of where they want to spawn. water temp was 46.5 and windy as usual.
    ENOMAN:D

Post Thanks / Like

Woa thats deep. But you found the bigger fish and I know that made you happy. I caught one the other day that was almost 14 inches and I was thrilled. Been catchin mostly small ones at Falls lately. I wonder if crappie always go back to the same spawning grounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishCrazy View Post
    Woa thats deep. But you found the bigger fish and I know that made you happy. I caught one the other day that was almost 14 inches and I was thrilled. Been catchin mostly small ones at Falls lately. I wonder if crappie always go back to the same spawning grounds.
    Jimmy, If those guys spawn around the Enoman, they don't get a chance to come back the next year!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post
    Jimmy, If those guys spawn around the Enoman, they don't get a chance to come back the next year!!

Crazy to be full of eggs and deep in 46.5 temp water. They won't spawn until the water is 60-65 degrees. I guess with a steady warmup it wont take long.

I dont know if its just me but I have spring fever worse than I have had in years and it seems that every weekend the weather turns for the worse to fish. OH well thats why they made rain coats!!

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Enoman, we've been too busy with work and school to wet a line since the social. Hoping to hit somewhere next week since I have to work the weekend.
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Enoman, good catch!