Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The best Crappie pole?

SamMiller Guest

Default The best Crappie pole?

Who makes the best Crappie Pole?

I keep hearing about these poles www.ProAnglerTackle.com

A bunch of fishing guides rave about them. The price is not bad either.

Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Question Thats a new one on me...

Welcome to the site Sam. There are a lot of good people here that are very helpful. I hope you will share much, and post frequently.

Sorry, I cannot give any comment on those poles. I've never heard of, or have even seen those rods anywhere. What guides and where are they talking about these? I do know who Paul is though, and have fished against him and his partner a couple of times. They finished right behind us at Lake 'O The Pines, TX in a CAST tourny this year. They were Spider rigging for that one. I know They've done OK at some tournys for USA in the past too.

There are a lot of Crappie rods out there. Some are good, and some are not. I look for great sensitivity, durability, through handle construction, and quality reel seats and guides. I also prefer a pole that is fairly light, but still has excellent backbone too. After owning most all of them, these are the ones I am sponsored by, and what I choose to fish with now:

OutLaw Crappie Poles
    Let me know if you want to try one of these, or have any Q's about them. I have never heard of anyone that was not 100% happy with these.

Just for curiosity, I will have to check out Paul's signature pole the next time I see him. I am pretty sure he will come to our Fall Classic this October.

Full baskets to ya!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Last edited by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon; 07-12-2005 at 09:53 AM.
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb My $0.02 worth says ....

it depends on who you ask, and what rods they've owned/used. It also depends on how you fish and what length or style you prefer.
    I'm a jig slinger about 90% of the time ... and I use a Sam Heaton Signature Series 7ft spinning rod, from B&M Poles. It's an IM6 graphite blank, with good sensitivity - quality eyes - Portugese Cork handle - very light weight - good balance with the Spidercast reel I have on it.
    They also make various other rods, for specific fishing methods & styles ..... worth a look (just click on the B&M Poles link at the top of the page). They're sponsors/supporters of Crappie.com, too.

There are a lot of great rods out there ... and some of the members of Crappie.com are sponsored by them, own them, swear by them, and some even have their own name brands on the market. "Which one is best" is a loaded question ...LOL!!... and you'll probably get lots of different answers, about people's "favorites".
    "Best" is relative ...... check out as many as you can get your hands on, then decide, before you buy -- that's my "best" suggestion :D ......cp

Post Thanks / Like

Sam,Welcome to the best site on crappie!Like crappiepappy said-its kind of a loaded question.Everyone has there own opinion.Like Tim, i"ve never heard of the brand you mentioned[that doesnt make it bad].I personaly do alot of horizonal jigging[cast&retreive]-my choice is Wally Marshall rods.My two favorites are my 6 1/2 ft sig. series an my 7 ft lite.Both are super sensitive an have plenty of backbone-the prices wont kill ya either!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 12' Wally Marshall poles for spring time spawn fishing and I love them. For trolling I am thinking about trying his new trolling pole.

If I had the money to burn, I would probably try one of each that I have heard about on this board as I have heard some very good things about the Outlaw and Richard Williams poles.

Also, I think I have a video with these guys from Pro Angler and they were using 10' Wally Marshall poles on it. I wonder if they just landed a deal on these poles or where able to get in on the design of these poles and tailor them for their style of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default opinionare like@#$%$#@ every one has a few

welcome to best site around. any way here is mine i also do a lot cast and retrieve,i use a5.5 ft bnm for my jigs and use a5.5 cherry wood (berckley)when i fish w my rapala,when ifish with my beetle spins or any spinner i use a 4.5 ft cherry wood .iam currently looking to buy a shimano. alli use is ultra light gear i personnaly like the fun.of all the rods i own i think the bnm is the best. but like i said before its my opinion and they are like @@@#$%^ every one has a few
    good luck
    keep it wet and take a kid fishing
    :p keep it wet
    take a kid fishing
    born to fish
    forced to work :p

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

if you guys get a chance, look at the Wonder Pole rods from Shakespeare. A freind of mine has many and they are nice for the price. Considerably cheaper than other long jig poles. I have bought 2 and plan on buying more. Just my $.02.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Pro angler tackle may have wonderful rods. Their site says designed by, not manufactured by. I suspect there are very few manuf. of crappie rods. The question then becomes who makes them and what makes them better than a B n M or a Wally Marshall, both of which have excellent reputations for quality and service. Your question was who makes the best? To answer that, first you have to know who the manuf. is. I come from a retail environment where the same mauf. makes 14 different brands to 14 different specifications. That same company may also market the product under their own brand name.

Consumers buy the product under different names and swear that x is better than y even though they are identical in manuf. specifications. Each person's opinion of the best rod depends on their personal experience with that rod. You may not abuse yours but I may let my grandson use mine as a sword to slay weeds. In the process he may slay a rock. Next time I fish with it, I break it when I set the hook. Sounds like a manuf. defect to me, so that rod would be no good in my opinon. Who makes the best rod? Who makes the best truck? There is really no concrete answer but lots of opinons.
    I buy one brand with a good reputation and stay with it.
    If it stands the abuse below it is a good un.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation hey whizkids ...

you got that "retail" stuff down pat !! :D
    I used to date a lady that worked in a sewing factory - the "perfect" looking shirts got the IZOD Alligator ... the "less than perfect" ones got a chain store logo (I'm wanting to say it was the JC Penny Fox .. but, can't remember for sure ... it was over 25yrs ago :p ) Anyway, the same material & thread were used for the two shirt brands - and the same seamstress crews were putting them together. Izod's sold for nearly twice the price of the others .... even though the "less than perfect" ones only had a crooked stitch, or some other insignificant defect.

I found a website that told who the mfg's of all the brands of batteries are ... you got any insight into who the major rod mfg's are, or where the blanks come from ?? That'd be some interesting reading! ...cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome Sam

I have a couple of B'n'M Buck's Craphite Jig Poles they serve me well. A Berkley ultra light rod and a Quantum ultra light rod for casting jigs and beetle spins and such. I have one Jiggin Stik Hi Tech 12' light action JSG-122 2 piece. I got this rod from a Cottonmouth Lures booth at the fair grounds fishing show in Nashville, Tennessee from Fred Washburn a few years ago has been a good one. lol
    Today is a great day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast