Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions on Eyeglass Options

Post Thanks / Like

Default Questions on Eyeglass Options

I am probably fixing to get some prescription eyeglasses pretty soon. Can't hardly see what my my cork is doing on a long cast. I don't know what options I should really look at getting. Don't wan't to spend money for something that I don't really need.
    I'm really undecided about "transitions" lens most of all. I don't have a problem with getting apair of "Cocoon" over the glasses polorized sunglasses as I will probably choose a small frame glasses. I want no-line progressive bi-focals because I have trouble tying jigs and hooks.
    Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dave
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit View Post
    I am probably fixing to get some prescription eyeglasses pretty soon.
    Have you ruled out contacts? I've been wearing 'em for almost thirty years --much more comfortable than glasses, IMO.

This is something you really need to discuss with your eye doctor, though.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the transitions in bifocals and dont really like them.You get a few drops of water on them and then dry them off and can see the drops for a few mins..Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

A topic I'm interested in. I'm farsighted (can't see objects close up), and it's getting worse quickly. I'm up to a 2.25 reader lens and holding, but it's getting bad quickly, to the point I can't see 14' rod tips real good anymore. This makes me think nearsightedness is coming into the picture. My question is, does anybody here wear bi-focal contact lenses? My optometrist told me a couple of years ago that it was an option, but one of his nurse helpers descretely told me I would never get used to them. Just curious?
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wore trifocals for years. I now wear progressive and I highly recommend them. Been wearing progressives 15 years. I have the titanium frames. Very light. I could not adjust to wearing contacts.

I will have eye surgery sooner or later and get new lens implants. My wife is having eye surgery starting March 5.

Surgery is a good option if you have insurance or money.

Skiptomylou had the eye surgery. Ask him.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 02-26-2009 at 10:38 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't aware that you could get bifocals in a contact lense. May be worth checking into. I can see to drive OK but distant objects could be a lot clearer. Right now 1.50 reading glasses are good enough for up close.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Canepole, What is the advantage of having titanium frames? I've heard of them. Is it less weight or stronger frames or something?
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I have prescription Polorized sunglasses and I'm real happy with them for fishing. I'm near-sighted but I'm starting to have to look under my glasses to thread fishing line through a small hook eye but that works OK. I also haved a pair of transition glasses for driving and they don't get nearly as dark as I would like them to when I'm in a vehicle.

Also, I found out that the brown Poloarized sunglasses aren't quite as dark in low-light conditions as the green ones. I'm able to wear mine at dawn and dusk (since I need the prescription) and don't have to carry two pairs of glasses on the boat unless I'm out at night.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvjign View Post
    A topic I'm interested in. I'm farsighted (can't see objects close up), and it's getting worse quickly. I'm up to a 2.25 reader lens and holding, but it's getting bad quickly, to the point I can't see 14' rod tips real good anymore. This makes me think nearsightedness is coming into the picture. My question is, does anybody here wear bi-focal contact lenses? My optometrist told me a couple of years ago that it was an option, but one of his nurse helpers descretely told me I would never get used to them. Just curious?
    I've been nearsighted for many years and have been wearing two diff. strength contacts for about 4 yrs. now. Takes the place of bifocals and/or bifocal contacts which I have never tried. Am a bowhunter so I wear the stronger one (for distance) in my right eye, and the weaker one (for reading up close) in my left. As with all new things it takes a week or so for your brain to adjust, but then all's well. Just another option.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit View Post
    I wasn't aware that you could get bifocals in a contact lense. May be worth checking into. I can see to drive OK but distant objects could be a lot clearer. Right now 1.50 reading glasses are good enough for up close.
    slabbandit, here's a link (one of many) that discusses the bifocal contacts............ Eye Doctor Q and A - Bifocal Contact Lenses, Monovision - AllAboutVision.com But, from all I've read (including this one), they are really hard to get used to. I'm having headaches regularly these day, and I think it's vision related. I've about got to the point where I can't fight it anymore. My work requires looking at a lot of very small detail, and it gets old putting on readers constantly. What really bothers me though is it's starting to affect my fishin'........and that's when it's time to do something about it!!!
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast