Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gps Garmin 152 What Is Yours

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gps Garmin 152 What Is Yours

I Started With A Hand Held Garmin Etrex That Fit In A Holder I Made Outside The Window With This Cab On, Then Decided To Go With A More Sophiscated (sp) Model Inside With Bigger Buttons And Settled For This Garmin Model 152 W/external Ant. I Really Like The Compass And Waypoints And Routes Work Just Like The Hand Held, But I Can't Load Chips In With Lake Info On Them, But I Only Constrate On About 4 Areas Of Truman And This Little Gem Will Put Me Within 3' Of My Target.... I Have Watched My Newphew's Fancy One On His Ranger And It Is Nothing Like This..... Do The Fancy Ones Show A Compass Like Mine.?.....when You Are Traveling....?
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I have a lawrance 480 and mine has this option but I have never used it, I loaded the lake maps on mine and always leave it on the map. I do have the speed, depth, and temp on the map screen and it shows my way points. If I want to go to a way point I put the curser on the way point and use the go to curser option.

What would be the advantage of the compass?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Don't Know

I Don't Know What The Advantage Of Compass Would Be It Is All I Have Ever Used? Then When I Switch To Routes The Compass Still Comes Up And Tells Me What Way Point I Am Going To Next....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Lowrance 332C in the dash.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Lowrance Eagle 320 w/ GPS and use it basically the same way Polebender uses his.

My buddy on the other hand has a Lowrance LCX 38C HD and we usually fish out of his boat so trying to look at mine after being used to seeing his is pretty sad. That one that he's got is amazing screen size and definition.

But at the same time I'm still happy with mine since it is the one he had originally on his boat and when he upgraded he gave me his old one. :D
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That big 38C is a very nice unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    That big 38C is a very nice unit.
    Yes it is. Plus it has the added benefit that if your night fishing and you need a little extra lite you just power that thing up and your good to go. :D
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

I just installed a Lowrance 522c on my tub. Can't wait to find time to get it on the water and see what she looks like.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Humminbird 787c2i. I also have a Garmin hand held that I've used for years.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I use a hand held Garmin GPSMap 76. Very user friendly and can take it, no matter whose boat I am in.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast