Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driftmaster Clearance @ Bass Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Driftmaster Clearance @ Bass Pro

SALE DriftmasterŽ T-Bars Spider Rigging Rod Holders

On Sale at Bass Pro for 99.99

If you were thinking of trying out Spider Rigging. This is a good set up.

Wish I had this instead of the Tite-Loks. But I'm Already $200 into the tight locks.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

KP, I want to add a set and hear different things from different people. Do you like the driftmasters and the tite-loks better than perottis? Which one comes off easier and breaks down easiest? Where do you keep yours when not spider rigging? What do the rest of you boys think? Thanks in advance for the input. The last thinig I want to do is buy a set, drill holes in my deck, and get the wrong thing. Also, what do you think about one or two t-bars on the front deck? And how many holders each?
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same questions as drfishjd and would be interested in hearing from those that are using them.

Post Thanks / Like

Try these, I have 4 sets of them, and really like them.
    Home

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Jim check out the Hitek holders that Daplumber posted. I think you will like the floor base mount. Should be easy to remove and store. $132+shipping is not a bad price for two of the 3 rod setups.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Tite Lok's on my boat.

I'm not big on the Tite Lok Adjustments. The screw is on top of the slide which is directly under the pole handle. They don't adjust fast enough so I leave the screw loose and they take a set when pressure is on them, but slip when you set the hook. They break down quickly, but are still in a 'T'. I store them in the left front compartment on top of other stuff.

I've fished the drift masters with my tournament partner in his boat and they adjust so much faster after they are set up. The profile on the base holder is a lot smaller. Breakdown is a couple seconds slower than the Tite Lok as it is twisted out.

To tell the truth, if I were to do it all over again. I wouldn't use the 'T' Bars, I would have eight separate rods going up to individual holders so I only have to pull one during the tournament to clear the trolling motor. The best thing about individual poles, when you get a hit on one it doesn't gyrate the others. Sometime you get a good hit and all the poles are bouncing. I like those big hits.

Never fished the perotti's. I here they are an excellent system.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Kit. Clearing the trolling motor is one of the things I was thinking about. My trolling motor runs from the bow down the port gunwale, and my pedal is recessed into the deck. I am wondering if I would have to rotate one of the t bars to bring up the trolling motor. I think that my cable may come between the two t bars, but I'm not sure without setting two of them on the front deck and checking for clearance. Another option would be to modify my recessed pedal so that it is still recessed, but is easily lifted out. Bugs told me that he was skeptical of how comfortable a recessed trolling motor pedal would be while trolling all day. I'm hoping that it will be okay as is, since I can't undo the hole in the front deck, but I could modify it to be able to lift it out and put in a spacer block or something so I could lift it out and move it around. Anybody had experience with this issue? Any comments from you experienced trollers would be appreciated.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drfishjd View Post
    Thanks, Kit. Clearing the trolling motor is one of the things I was thinking about. My trolling motor runs from the bow down the port gunwale, and my pedal is recessed into the deck. I am wondering if I would have to rotate one of the t bars to bring up the trolling motor. I think that my cable may come between the two t bars, but I'm not sure without setting two of them on the front deck and checking for clearance. Another option would be to modify my recessed pedal so that it is still recessed, but is easily lifted out. Bugs told me that he was skeptical of how comfortable a recessed trolling motor pedal would be while trolling all day. I'm hoping that it will be okay as is, since I can't undo the hole in the front deck, but I could modify it to be able to lift it out and put in a spacer block or something so I could lift it out and move it around. Anybody had experience with this issue? Any comments from you experienced trollers would be appreciated.
    Just move your left base far enough back that it clears head of trolling motor. That is what I did and it works fine. You should remember that having fished in my boat with the rod holders in place.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I have the driftmaster and I like the way the rod comes up and out with out having to take it out of a hole first. Kit is right about the bouncing of poles all on one rod system. For me it's not that critical I don't fish tournaments where a missed bite could be a problem I just enjoy spider rigging for the fun of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 titeloks one on each side and use the same rod and adjustments all the time. I was disappointed in the wing nuts to tighten them until I broke the plastic off of one and found out the screw had an Allen head. I got a t-wench to fit them and life is better. I mounted my motor in the center for control and so it would clear the holders.
    I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast