Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabelas Line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabelas Line

Anybody used the Cabelas house brand line? They have a high vis yellow that looks like he WM line. About the same price for the same amount of line. Their is supposedly manufactured in Germany. At least that's what the picture online shows. Germany usually turns out pretty good stuff, at least that's what the Sham Wow guy says. I really liked the Wally line for the price, but if it has taken a change for the worse, this might be an alternative. No Cabelas near me and I hate to pay those shipping costs just for a spool of line but it gives me an excuse to order some more stuff I guess. It got good reviews on their site but I don't know if you can put much stock in those.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabelas line

I use their Tectan line and have for a number of years. I think it is the best line out there. Small dia., no memory, and casts great with the 1/32 oz jigs I use.
    DR Fish

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

spectater...I bought several spools of that recently...in hi vis. Hadn't spooled any of it yet..but it looks good. As far as the reviews...if I am somewhat undecided on a product I pay a lot of attention to the reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the #4 and #6 line in the hi-vis. I really like it a lot. infact several guys that have fished with me are now using it. When we bought it, it was a dollar cheaper than the WM brand, and I think about as good also. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies y'all. Might as well give it a try, not out much if I don't like it but these days I'm watching the pennies like never before.

Post Thanks / Like

didn't like the cabelas hi vis braid seemed flat and not the quality of power pro or suffix which is my favorite maybe a little more expensive but I don't get to fish enough and I want the best available products

Post Thanks / Like

I am absolutely a fan of Cabelas Pro Line. Good stuff, excellent price. At that price, when I even think it is getting old, just strip it off and put new stuff on.

It is a lot better than some "crappie" line I have bought in the past, that seems too stiff and kinky. But it seems like every time I try to buy the Cabelas line in hi-vis, it is out. Maybe that is saying something.

I would bet that the Cabelas Pro Line and Bass Pro Excel is the same stuff, I am equally pleased with both. I'm talking 10 years experience with them.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joewildlife View Post
    I am absolutely a fan of Cabelas Pro Line. Good stuff, excellent price. At that price, when I even think it is getting old, just strip it off and put new stuff on.

It is a lot better than some "crappie" line I have bought in the past, that seems too stiff and kinky. But it seems like every time I try to buy the Cabelas line in hi-vis, it is out. Maybe that is saying something.

I would bet that the Cabelas Pro Line and Bass Pro Excel is the same stuff, I am equally pleased with both. I'm talking 10 years experience with them.

Joe

I don't think its the same stuff. If I remember right the Cabelas is a copoymer line and BPS isn't. There were some bad reviews for the Cabelas line, but I'm still thinking about trying it. Seeing that its copolymer, I was a bit surprised about people saying its stretchy and breaks easily. Every copoly I have tried has been very low stretch and very tough. Its either really bad copoly or inconsistant or something. Its cheap, I may try some anyways.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like we are all scrambling to find a line to replace the bad mr.crappie line.

Post Thanks / Like

I used Cabelas Ripcord braid line for several years, but use Suffix braid now. I liked it well enough. It used to be flat, but I think that the new Rip Cord is round. It's tough and lasts well for casting or vertical jigging. It comes in Ripchord Si and Ripcord Si plus. The Ripcord Si is a silicone coated braid line. It is kind of odd in that it is/was flat but it's strong and very limp and easy to handle. If it knots up you can spit on the knot and pull on both ends and the knot will pull right out (usually). It blows in the wind about like the old Spiderwire did, and isn't worth much if you're casting a 1/16 oz jig in a 15 mph wind. You will be keeping your rod tip right down on the surface of the water. I was told by the local tackle shop that it is made by PowerPro. The Si plus is stiffer and I haven't used that. I like the Suffix fine, but may try another spool of the Si, now that it comes in yellow.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast