Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to IA board.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to IA board.

Hey Folks,

Wanted to introduce myself on the Iowa board. Just moved to the Cherokee (NW Iowa) area from Virginia. Have been on the VA for about a year and met a bunch of good people there. Grew up here in Iowa, but haven't fished it in 25 years. Mostly fish for crappie, but looking forward to the Walleye and Perch also. I'm sure you will see some reports from me as soon as I get settled in and find some fishing grounds. If anyone else from this area give me a PM and maybe we can get a trip going. Don't have the Ice fishing gear yet, but a jon boat is ready and looking for an 18' boat soon.

berdman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by berdman View Post
    Hey Folks,

Wanted to introduce myself on the Iowa board. Just moved to the Cherokee (NW Iowa) area from Virginia. Have been on the VA for about a year and met a bunch of good people there. Grew up here in Iowa, but haven't fished it in 25 years. Mostly fish for crappie, but looking forward to the Walleye and Perch also. I'm sure you will see some reports from me as soon as I get settled in and find some fishing grounds. If anyone else from this area give me a PM and maybe we can get a trip going. Don't have the Ice fishing gear yet, but a jon boat is ready and looking for an 18' boat soon.

berdman
    Hey - I know you!:D

Looks like you made the move ok and now you are ready for some Iowa crappie. Good luck to you out there, don't be a stranger to the VA board.

Take care Berd!

Regards,
    Howard V.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=berdman;710720]Hey Folks,

berdman[/QUOTE

Hey berd, glad to see you made the trip and are settled in..Hope you find some good water soon...

Take care & don't tell the IA boys that you know Shoer...

Come back and visit us on the VA board..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Berd! I'm glad you made it safely and hope you find some good fishing holes.

Don't be a stranger to the VA Forum.

Good luck out there.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you're getting settled in. Tell them Iowa boys to treat you right or we'll send them Shoer and Shellquacker next.

TeamAdcraft is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see another "Iowan" on the board. This site is pretty dead most of the time but in the Spring it sems to Pick up. I am in Bronson So I am not Far away. Best Crappie fishing around here other than local Farm ponds is Browns Lake 2 miles west of Salix Iowa.. When you are ready to go, let me know and I iwll point you in the right direction for the SPOTS.
    2X In-Fisherman Magazine Regional Crappie Anglers of the Year
    Official Provider of the Crappie.com State Decals

GO RAZORBACKS!!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard from PA

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the NW part of the hawkeye state, just some info for ya on the fishing grounds. Haven't heard much about the pounds that are in Cherokee, Paulina has a decent little lake, mostly bass and blue gill. If you head south, Smithland is nice little fishing spot, big blue gills, bass, and catfish. Rodney pits are 2 miles away from smithland and pretty good for crappie and bass. Best bet for big crappie is Synder's bend, Brown's lake, or Farm ponds around the Moville and Bronson area. Good luck, let me know if you find a good farm pond, always on the lookout for those.

TeamAdcraft is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey goose. U look new as well. U can't live no more than 10 miles from u. Every spot u mentioned I have been there many times.. Looking forward to ice out!
    2X In-Fisherman Magazine Regional Crappie Anglers of the Year
    Official Provider of the Crappie.com State Decals

GO RAZORBACKS!!

Post Thanks / Like

You friggin transplant. Up and leave me. I hope the ammonia of hog poo makes yur nostrils flare sucker. I tried calling you but obviously you have disconnected yurself from yur old bros. I hope you piss yellow icycles and by gawd dont mess with me homefries-I am coming up this fall and want some IA eyes and some of yur ol lady. Deserter.
    You gotta helluva job ressurecting the IA Forum. Are you okay Berd? Do you need some $? Stupid fool if you acknowledge to that, we aint got none and giving you even less.
    You left just in the knick of time. Sedgeworths ol lady showed up at the last bash and we all got an earful of how she feels about him. Dayton finally came outta the closet and said yes indeed he is hooked on Oscar Meier Wieners. Mikeb said Gretna is an outpost of homosexuality, that he was raised on it.
    That damn Marshduck keeps catchin fish but I cant take a report seriously when it comes from Carrot Top. DUCK, lets go fishin- I just tonight picked up a .380 auto and feel I can make myself happy shootin at one.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast