Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Central Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Default Central Indiana

Hello all,

I am new to this site and new to crappie fishing. I have caught a few here and there but it was while fly fishing for bass in some ponds. I was wondering if there where any good place to bank fish for crappies in this summer heat near Indianapolis. I live on the south side of Indy and I am only looking to travel an hour. I have been to eagle creek, and driftwood fwa. I was told that the 56th st bridge would be a good place to start but, was looking for some more because of how crowded it gets there. I dont have a boat or I would just take it out and fish deep water.

Also are there any good river close to Indy to fish for some crappies. I was looking at sugar creek that runs through Atterbury. I was planning on trying below the dam and close to pisgh lake. I have never been to either of these places and was wondering if anyone has had any luck. I have learned quite a bit from reading things on this site and just need to be able to get out and try some.

Thanks,
    Mike P.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Shafer and Freeman

I live in Monticello and fish Shafer at least 3 times aweek. There is a bay that is called the BIG MONON that is part submerged forest. Lots of piers etc. It is also idle zone so the wave runners are few and far between. The trip is alittle over an hours drive for you. I perfer shafer in the summer because I can go in the Big Monon and get away from the speed boats.
    Bill

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

try north of 56 st. 71 and 79 st.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

cbelly Guest

Default 56th 71st 79th?

I don't quite know what/where you mean...???...no I am not asking for exact hotspot just general...those streets run from east to west a pretty good ways through the city..cbelly

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappies

Cbelly::
    Pisqua Lake in Atterbury has a lot of crappie. Also Stone Arch . Both the pits in Driftwood FWA has good sized crappie. Sagarcreek above the dam used to hold a lot of crappie, haven't fished it for a few years. Hope this helps.
    Norm

cbelly Guest

Default Thank you ndchan40...

Thank you ndchan40 for those locations. I too haven't fished those in a few years...actually about 10 years...oh how the time flies. I was most intrigued by the previous post of 56th 71st 79th locations...I don't live too far from those streets depending what side of town he is referring to...and having a 5 year old who loves to fish I like to find a quick good spot that will give us something good to brag and giggle about to grandpa on the way home after about an hour or two due to his attention span. I think he is already bored of the dink bluegills and wants to move on to the next species...except for the 3 three pound bass he's caught on the last few outings. Crappie are my favorite as well as grandpas...so anywhere that has the pontential for a few quality craps in a short amount of time is best for my young and old.TilNexTide, cbelly

cbelly Guest

Default Sorry...

Sorry guys about my sudden brain fart and ignorance...IF I had COMPLETELY read the previous posts I believe I would have gathered 56th 71st and 79th are being referred to Eagle Creek...and to think that I have had only one drink, apple cider of all things...must be fermenting...WOW I am too darn young to feel this darn old, TilNexTide, cbelly

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i knew you would get it
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff