Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: two worms, one hook

Post Thanks / Like

Default two worms, one hook

One of the craziest things to happen to me while fishing took place when fishing with a friend named Richie on a large pond. We were using plastic worms for largemouth bass.

Richie had a good fish hooked and he fought it for 45 seconds or so when the fish made a big splash and Richie's line went slack. He reeled in a bare hook. I immediately cast where the fish splashed and got a bite right away. I fought the fish for about 30 seconds, then my line went slack. I reeled my line in to find that my worm was still on my hook--along with Richie's worm!

I rarely tell the story anymore because everyone thinks it's just a typical load of bull that fishermen tell.

Post Thanks / Like

dangit man set the hook! i had a similar experience in the marsh in Louisiana, i
    had a bite, set the hook, broke the fish off (shoulda retied) and my fishing partner recaught the same fish with my hook in its mouth!!!!... I was using a very unique style hook at the time so we were sure that it was the same fish. the fish was only abut 2 lbs but was a heck of a fighter....

YZ
    If ya catch a biggun' release her so I can catch her too!

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one of those that everyone calls B.S. on me when I tell it. My nephew and I were fishing at my Father In law's pond, very small farm pond, but large enough to hold fish. We were on either side of the pond both using spinnerbaits. Well, he got a fish on, and shortly after, I got one as well, we were both fighting fish near the center of the pond when suddenly there was a huge splash in the middle and then when we looked across the pond at each other, our spinnerbaits were hanging in the air between the two of us. Dang ol fish had hooked us both, then managed to throw us both and leave our spinners hooked up. We looked at each other for about 30 seconds in complete disbelief, and then just both dropped to the ground laughing uncontrollably. Hands down one of the best fishing trips I've had. Was a rush.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some funny stories. I needed a good laugh!!!

aj

Post Thanks / Like

August 92', my father an I were on a week long fishing trip on Little Vermillion Lake wayyyy up in NW Onterio, Canada. Beautiful place full of God's wonders and a peaceful solitude. Kind of place where life's pressures are soon forgotten and your internal batteries charge quick. Anyway, we were long line trolling jigs for walleye through one of several thousand small coves on the lake. Dad and I were admiring one of the many bald eagles in the area and were even more excited when, as we watched, the eagle folded wings and hurled itself at the water full speed and snatched a small fish right out of the water! The catch was short lived though as he only made it about 10 feet before we saw the fish fall harmlessly back into the water. Dad and I continued our troll in that general direction talking about what a cool show nature had just provided and how lucky that fish was. About a minute later, dad calls out to "taker outta gear" as he hooked up. Well, he pulls in this nice little walleye and said "you're not gonna believe this, there are fresh talon marks on his back!" I took a look and sure enough, plain as day, there they were. Dad unhooked the fish and looked at me and said "out of appreaciation for what this little guy just went through, he diserves to swim off" as he pitched him back to the lake.