Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night stalking in muddy water?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night stalking in muddy water?

Hey guys/gals,

I haven't try to fish at night when the water was muddy and I was wondering if it is worth the effort. My instincts tell me that the lights well be less effective. With all the storms that are frequent lately, it may take the water a while to clear up. Should I just stay home and cook crappie or go to the lake for a good night stalk. Hopefully someones has ventured out and has some muddy water experience.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest that you pack all your crappie on dry ice and ship them to me for safe keeping and give that muddy water and nightstalking a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had success fishing dock lights in muddy water this past March. One of the nights there was only about five inches of visibility and they still bit well. There were a lot of short strikes and misses but they were aggressive. I guess the only way to find out is to try it. I think if you had enough light around your boat, crappie would come in. Especially if you could get the bait to come to the lights.

Post Thanks / Like

ive never done all that well nightstalking in muddy water so i seldom go when the water is muddy. dingy works fine for me, but not muddy.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

i have ben successfull in muddy water, but never really muddy water. I guess it depends on the severity of the mud, on how much light penetration u get. If its really muddy, id just stay at home.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for all the comments. Right now the water is extremely muddy. They still have some roads closed due to flooding. I think I will wait for the water to clear up a bit. I'm not going to wait for it to get completely clear, but definately clearer than it is now. I may take a few days and put out some condos, I have to do something productive.

Sorry gooch, some thing about the tone of your post leads me to believe that my crappie wouldn't be safe long in your possession. Thanks anyways LOL!
    LET IT RIP!