Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default My New Boat

Anyone fish from one of these? I just bought one and have not fished from it yet. The wife said we needed a "fun, family" boat for the kids and this was the compromise. Im a little nervous because like I said, I've never fished from one before. Let me know what you guys think!
    Hope these pictures post right, "first time"

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy, brianlg, from the Illinois board has a Triton fish and ski. Bought it for the same reasons you did. I can't tell what size your's is, but we use his on LOZ and other lakes, and it works great. In fact, we're often fishing three people out if it without a problem.

Congrats on the new boat. I think you'll like it. Nice lookin' rig you got there, too. Feel free to PM brianlg if you have any questions.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

nice boat,,it has been my observation that if the wife is happy,,, then life is good,,jmo
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I've owned a couple of different F/S in the past and the're good for Crappie Fishing. Great family boat. Yours looks nice!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Javelin F/S in the early 90's. Bought it for the same reason, thought it would be safer for the little ones I was raising. There was good room for all the junk they had to have, but for fishing it was not nearly as convenient. The deck was just too small. But it served it's purpose for 5/6 years, till the kids got older and didn't have to worry so much about them. Was glad to get back to a regular fishing boat.
    @lozcrappie

Post Thanks / Like

I hear that about the wife being happy!!! This boat is 19' wih 150 VMAX. I can't wait to try it out. I live on the 17MM of the Osage so if anyone is looking for a partner that don't mind schoolin a rookie, let me know. I have been reading post for awhile and you all seem like an awesome group of guys that I would love to get to know!!
    Last edited by ttwoods; 02-25-2009 at 01:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

TTwoods, very nice lookin boat. My buddy has a Skeeter F/S and we fish out of it all the time. He set it up really nice with some rod holders and so awesome Sonar/Gps units on it and it works great for Crappie fishing. We have even taken it down to Lake Fork in Texas Bass Fishing. I think you will be more than happy with your new boat. Congrats.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Ranger 1760 with a similar set up. Love the windshield in the winter time. Fishes Great. That Triton oughta do ya good.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

amen on the windshield!!!!!!!
    @lozcrappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Papermouth View Post
    I have a Ranger 1760 with a similar set up. Love the windshield in the winter time. Fishes Great. That Triton oughta do ya good.

G.
    Good point on the windshield, Kit. We have an understanding in my friend's boat: the guy who has to stand in the middle and fish all day at least gets the passenger seat (and windshield) when driving. It feels mighty good on cold and/or rainy days.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast