Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ky river

Post Thanks / Like

Default ky river

We caught a lot of nice fish on the river last year has anyone fished the Ky river yet this year
    The only thing better than a day of fishing.Is a week of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

what high bridge does your name refer to? if its the one in central kentucky, we should coordinate this year so that we know how each other is doin on this section of the river, haven't fished it yet though, will post a report if i get on some...

Post Thanks / Like

Another guy on here got me juiced about fishing the KY River this year, I think his screen name is Siddhartha. I haven't been out this year yet, but I'm looking forward to exploring the section between Irvine and the I-75 bridge.

What sections of the river do you fish? I'm particularly interested in finding some good boat ramps, some of the ones that I've seen are a little sketchy.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Do any of you fellers fish the sec tion from the Ohio to the first dam ??

Post Thanks / Like

I heard so many good things about the crappie fishing on the river last year but never even got a bite myself. Could someone explain the best way to fish the river for crappie. I typically use the old standard bobber and minnow method. It's just so hard to fish around cover on the main river because of the current. I kept getting caught up and breaking off. Are the crappie usually found up in the creek channels off the main river? I usually fish between lock 8 and lock 9. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Fireman..... I titeline jig with a jig , tipped with a waxworm or minnow . I like to use a jig that is heavy enough to keep the line vertical..works for me..

Post Thanks / Like

I am talking about the High Bridge in central Ky. I fish 3 different pools lock 6,7,and 8 pools.As for ramps there are several in these pools with the best being at the end of highway 39 in the lock 8 pool, and the one at nunsuch in the lock 6 pool.There are fair ramps at High Bridge and Camp Nelson in the lock 7 pool
    The only thing better than a day of fishing.Is a week of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish at the end of 39 as well, i've also put in at camp nelson a few times. Never seem to have any luck with the crappie though. Real good luck with catfish but crappie is my love. We'll have to get together sometime maybe you could show me some Secrets to where and how to catch them down there.