Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wore 'em out this afternoon.....

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wore 'em out this afternoon.....

Honey and I hit the water about one this afternoon. To my suprise, the fish were hitting hard, and good fish too. We were fishing 12-14 feet along some stump rows (fishing minnows). I am sure this front that is moving in from the hurricane cranked them up. Not many people out fishing though. If they were out, I am sure they loaded the boat. The fish were agressive, and boy was it fun. Guess I will grill fish tomorrow instead of having leftover hamburgers.....lol
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

glad you had a good time
    seems they always bite good before a big storm
    al
    Fear me all ye that dwell beneath the waves

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

That's interesting because I went out today on my home lake {Lake Nimrod,AR.} and had similar results. I have been jigging all year with pretty good luck. I have caught several 2lb'ers this year and a solid 2-1/2 lb. in March.
    I have been trying to stay with what has worked for me all year but I just haven't been doing any good even jigging deeper brush and cane beds.
    Today I went out about 10:00 and started jigging several of my 8 to 9 ft. tops. After about 2 hours and 5 or 6 dinks I turned to my Rat Terrier "Abby" and said enough is enough. I had stopped by the bait shop and bought $3.00 worth of "minners" before I went out. I changed gameplans and went to the old stump rows on the edge of the river channel. I started running two rods with double minnow rigs about 12ft. deep. Whenever I would bump a stump I would get a fish or a hit.
    The wind got pretty rough as my trolling motor was coming out of the water but I hung in there until I ran out of minnows. I ended up with several nice crappie up to 1-1/4lb. and 2 cats about 3lbs. each. Always fun to tangle with them cats on those Buck,s Graphites.
    CATCH A BIG-UN
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

A buddy and I hit the water around 10am this morning and we also caught a bunch. I'm in central Oklahoma. According to the weatherman, they hurricanes wont effect our weather, so I'm going to say it was our fishing expertese!!!!!!! but i know better.
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

Canepole,Guess the front moving in helped the fishing about everywhere.Same thing here on the hollow-went in the late afternoon,had 9 keepers out of 19.Alot better then the a.m. bite!!Glad you had a good one!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are lucky. It hasn't stop raining long enough to wet a line in my neck of the woods. It will take several days after the rain for everything to settle back down, and then it will be muddy for a while. I did get a chance to grill some crappie Saturday before the bottom fell out. Man that's good stuff. It was the first time I grilled them. I think I'm going to like them better that way. I need to wrap the grill with AL foil to keep the fish from breaking up and falling thru the grill.
    You guys keep tearing em up, glad to here some one is having fun and catching fish.
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

Default We can use some of that rain

Quote Originally Posted by jfraley
    You guys are lucky. It hasn't stop raining long enough to wet a line in my neck of the woods. It will take several days after the rain for everything to settle back down, and then it will be muddy for a while. I did get a chance to grill some crappie Saturday before the bottom fell out. Man that's good stuff. It was the first time I grilled them. I think I'm going to like them better that way. I need to wrap the grill with AL foil to keep the fish from breaking up and falling thru the grill.
    You guys keep tearing em up, glad to here some one is having fun and catching fish.

I’m not sure I would call it “Lucky” I’ve had to start feeding hay to the cows and I just had enough hay to get through the winter. This is the first time in the 10 years that I’ve lived here that I had to feed in the summer and August isn’t here yet. So if you can send some of that rain up here to Missouri, I’m sure that there are a lot of farmers that will thank you.

may your livewells stay full, and your rods stay bent.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Grillin trick......

Quote Originally Posted by jfraley

"I need to wrap the grill with AL foil to keep the fish from breaking up and falling thru the grill. "....................Here is something that works for me....just scale em but leave skin on and grill skin side down meat lifts off skin....some do same thing but don't even bother to scale.....either way keep meat from falling through.....I scale because I like to eat the crispy skin .. :D
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Grilling fish

I haven't tried grill crappie but when I catch red fish (red drum)- salt water fish, that is the only way I cook them and everyone seems to love em that way. BTW, I leave the scales on when I cook them.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!