Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Old Weaver Road Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Weaver Road Question

I have heard that the bridge there is a good spring fishing spot. I have never fished it in the spring but would hope that someone that reads this board would be willing to share some info with me abouot this spot. I have heard recently that there is some activity there and much of it is night fishing. Anyone know if they are catching in that area yet and if so if there is a preferred time to catch the bite. Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishcrazy,

That's just up the road from me. There have been folks fishing that area for years. I have seen some fishing at night with a lantern. I don't think there's much water there. When the lake is low, there's no water at all there except in the little creek. Doesn't appear to be a lot of places to fish and should be fairly shallow, but it has steadily attracted bank fishermen for awhile for some reason! Sometimes I drive through going to Raleigh for the eveining and the same cars are there when I come back through. Have seen the game warden there on occasion checking folks.

The above was on the Falls Lake side. There is also activity on the other side of 50 at Beaver Dam. Probably more folks over there. More room to fish over there. Usually hombres there at night.

Hope this helps some,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen some fishing going on in the Falls lake side you speak of and you are right about there not being much water there. It looks like a likely place for spawning though if the water is right. Isnt that a sandy soil area there. I was more referring to the area where weaver crosses beaverdam where the old road goes off to the side and is partially submerged.

Post Thanks / Like

I got ya.

There's a Park and Rec Officer that lives there. He has been on this site a time or two. Maybe he can advise on the fishing??

Post Thanks / Like

I know someone who read this post has fished at this location. Comeon give it up! lol This is a great opportunity for one of you to make a great first post.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets give it another go. Someone give up some history on this area please.