Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ontario Canada

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ontario Canada

Does anyone have any recomendations on a good drive in lodge that they like up in Ontario? We go to Canada once a year, last year we went to NE Sask on the Christine River system and it was a little too much of a drive but it was excellent walleye fishing. Thinking about trying Ontario. There are so many lodges to choose from I thought I may ask if anybody here has a good place to go to, or has had a good experience with some good owners that they may want to recommend.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a great place but you have to drive to Kenora Canada and then you fly in from there. If you change your mind and are interested in a fly in Lodge let me know.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

I've been through Kenora before, I forget the name of the place we went but I think it was Corn Lake. We have considered the fly-in but we are all wanting to take our boats up there this time.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been to Deer Lake Lodge. I think it was 1993. Nice accomidations, good fishing except for walleye. They weren't cooperating when we were there. Its about 50 mile east of Sudbury. 300 miles north of Toronto.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to a place called Huber's Lone Pine Lodge on Wabigoon Lake and done real well on smallies and walleye. It is really close to Dryden, and we took our own boat both times. It also has a portage lake that has lake trout in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ontario

Caribou falls lodge. Its north and west of kenora about 75 miles. Its is a great place to walleye and northern fish. Its also has some nice smallies.Its on Tetu Lake. It is where the English and Winnepeg Rivers meet. We fished it three yrs

Post Thanks / Like

Hubers is a FINE place! I have seen 48" northerns come out of there and 11lb walleye! Fine cabins and a great restaurant if you want, if you need a boat they have reliable ones. From 1991-2001 I only missed going there twice! Good Place! :D

Post Thanks / Like

That is kind of an emphasis of this trip, the lake trout. Also smallmouth are kind of high on the list, but all fall behind good walleye fishing. I have never caught a lake trout and I would like to find a fishery that you can go out and catch all 3.

Looked at the website for Huber's and looks like a very good possibility that is where we will be heading, thanks for the responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crow Rock Lodge on Lake of the Woods

My brother & I have fished this lodge at least 12 to 15 times over the past 20 years. It has been run by the Dafcek family originally from Chicago for over 50 years. Clean cabins, great food, & a wonderful place to take the kids. The main lake features smallies, huge muskies, pike, and great walleye fishing for shore lunch.

We go for the walkin back lakes. They have about 6 catch & release lakes full of smallies. Top water fishing on ultra lites for most of the day. The owners have become personal friends & we fish with one of the sons in Florida during the winter for big bull reds & snook.

If you want to hear more, pm me & we can talk on the phone.

Diaman

Post Thanks / Like

seriously consider rockyshorelodge. mike and chris are great caring owners. its on perrault lake which connects to several others. (all breathtaking scenery) nice simple cabins, and the stock boats are typical. i always upgrade to a bigger boat. excellent pike, walleye, smallmouth and muskie. its 15 hrs drivetime from kc and between 2 drivers we never stop except for gas and a squirt. google their lodge and pm if i can answer any questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast