Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humminbird Gps Fix For Select Few Only!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird Gps Fix For Select Few Only!!!!!!!!!

Just heard that Humminbird has a fix to GPS slow response problem. A friend of mine who is (in my opinion) a straight shooter, told me that someone he knows owns a large private lake and they had a terrible accident on it last year. A person was fishing in a small boat and it had flipped over and the man went overboard and got caught up in hangs and drowned. After a couple of days searching for the man unsuccessfully the owner of the lake went and purchased a SI unit to search for the man. After installing the unit he began scanning the lake with the si he experienced the same problem that most of us who have the si already know about. He called Humminbird and tried to get help with the situation they were in. He became frustrated and tried to get to the President of Humminbird to explain the problem to him and try to get help from Humminbird to recover the body. After several hours he didn't get the President but did get to someone that did help. The person from Humminbird he finally spoke with said they knew of the problem and would send him a card to install in the unit that would correct the problem and that only a select few had this. The card was received and installed and the body was recovered because of this. Due to the water temp of the lake and the body caught in the hang the body would not have been recovered this soon without Humminbird's help. I was told from the drowning till the day they found him was over one week.

I do not know the man that owns the lake or have I seen the si unit work with my own eyes, all this info I am just relaying. But I do hope it is true and that something is in the works for a fix for all of us si owners that are having these problems.

Im sure the victim's family is very thankful for the help given from Humminbird and every one involved in the recovery of the body. My prayers are with them.

Let me make this point again, I am just the messenger and don't know anything of the above situation other than what I have been told.

What do yall think?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear of the loss of life.

I am curious; however, as to how fixing the slow response time on the GPS "improved" the side scan capabilities to the point that it "helped" locate the body.

Maybe I am missing the point or simply do not understand.

Just trying to understand.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

First problem with this thread is it is not for a select few as stated. I just ordered my new antenna which will give me them fastest and most accurate GPS in the world as I understand it. Also there is a software update which I just downloaded for free.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    First problem with this thread is it is not for a select few as stated. I just ordered my new antenna which will give me them fastest and most accurate GPS in the world as I understand it. Also there is a software update which I just downloaded for free.

Skip
    Yep---I just downloaded the new software. I love my 997 - slow GPS and all!:D

I still am unsure; however, as to how this alleged "fix" helped the side scan find this poor guys body. Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rapprunner View Post
    Yep---I just downloaded the new software. I love my 997 - slow GPS and all!:D

I still am unsure; however, as to how this alleged "fix" helped the side scan find this poor guys body. Just curious.
    Don't think it did personally. However if you call HB you can order a new antenna that will make it the fastest and most accurate there is.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    Don't think it did personally. However if you call HB you can order a new antenna that will make it the fastest and most accurate there is.

Skip
    I wouldn't bet my pay check on this as fact.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    I'd be a little nervous about that bet myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    I agree. With that logic, my 50 channel should work really well too as compared to the 16 channel on my other unit. It doesn't. It just locks on super fast.

So what you'll probably have is the worlds fastest system in the world for GPS lock on time.

Congrats.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This happened a few miles from my home. It was a preacher who drown. I believe I posted this on the Tn board some while back.

The SI actually found the body, but rescuers could not/did not identify the body as a body. The "experts" believed the image of the body to be underwater structure. It was structure with an body hung in it.

It took a week to find the body in a 10 acre lake. Lake 50 foot deep maybe.

What you see on SI can be misconstrued. That why I have a underwater camera....
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 900 series Hb mounted. I want the slow gps fix as soon as possible and will do what ever to make that happen. I dont believe there is any connection to the gps and the SI. I dont think that the new antenns helps the slow part. It is more accurate. If I am wrong about this please advise ASAP! CP you have more experience with HB than I, what you answer on the subject. I am looking for a fix. PDQ!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast