Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: taxidermy

Post Thanks / Like

Default taxidermy

For those who know about it a little. about how much money would it cost to get started just learning how to do fish. what all would you need to begin,

Post Thanks / Like

it takes a good bit to get started my dad did it for a while mostly competition stuff go to van dykes taxidermy they have how to videos there are other sites but thats just the one that came to my head you can get an idea of cost of forms, paint, eyes, etc. As with most hobbies most of your money is gonna be to start

Post Thanks / Like

if you like i know a couple of guys who work on the side and would be tickled to talk to you. Shoot me a pm if interested and i'll give you a phone number

Post Thanks / Like

Just stocking up on all the airbrush paints can be over a couple hundred bucks. But this would probably last a few years. Some suppliers are starting to offer them in 2 oz. bottles instead of the normal 8 oz. bottles.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

what kind of air brush kit do you need, and how much are they normally. I am pretty good artistically, i think i could do it. But THINK is a big word lol

Post Thanks / Like

They mount real nice on a platter with taters.MMMMMMM good.Not near the trouble either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    what kind of air brush kit do you need, and how much are they normally. I am pretty good artistically, i think i could do it. But THINK is a big word lol
    I use Iwata for automotive stuff a lot of taxidermist use them too. You will prolly want to start out with a single action brush to get the hang of it (Paasche makes a good one) and then switch to a dual action like a Iwata. As far as price you can spend $20 at harbour frieght or up to 500 on a high end brush. coast airbrush is a good place to order them but they dont have taxidermy type paints