Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: mr.crappie 6# flo green line

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy mr.crappie 6# flo green line

hey , have any of you guys used this line i bought some today had to spool up all my trolling rods going to mitchell lake tomorrow . well it was a mess i don't think i've ever had a line to twist so much. i quit pulled off and put my usaul 6# seige flo tangarine ! line no problem with it .some one some where told me it was good stuff .any feed back would be good.
    Take you grankids fishing ...you will not be bored !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the line, sounds like you have it on backwards. To me it is very limp and has very little memory.

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Default mr crappie

i use 6 lb camo and yellow mr crappie 6 lb line and have not had any trouble.
    i put it on all my rods.
    Roll Tide Roll with a crappie on a pole!

Post Thanks / Like

The old lines was MFG in the USA. The new line tis tiawan. You are correct. You cant get on the spool without a twist. Turn it anyway you want to, it will twist. After you do get it on the spool, walk the line off and rewind it up. That helps some. It wont be too bad after you get on the water. I just spooled 12 reels and was very disappointed. Trylene XL is the cure for that.

Post Thanks / Like

I just gave Smitty 2 spools of that crap. He called me today, boy did he call me, he called me everything in the book.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah ! i kinda figured that i put it on with the line coming off the spool and the going on to my reel in same direction. i have spooled lots of reels in my 57 years and have not had this much trouble i guess i'm just spoiled to the new seige line . thanks

Post Thanks / Like

No stinger, that is not it. I posted this 2 weeks ago and everyone thoughts I had lost my mind. Bp has got to go back to USA MFG> If i can find someone in authority to talk to I will let them Know. It wont solve the problem but it will help me. I have some of both and there is a difference. I bet old Smitty is still cussing.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah , foul hook you are right ,it seems that when we do have a problem with something it does get forgotten or some passes the buck , in the U.S.A today i feel that we let this happen because we think nothing will be done to fix things . i had a problem with workmanship on my 2006 lowe boat crappie speical . after talking to factory they made everything alright , that why i know what cane pole went though. it is very hard for me to accept poor quality . i was raised to always do your best . its guys like us that will keep this country free and let them know when its not right.......i will also let them know at bps myself....later

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey stinger, I deliver to Sysco in Calera on Thursdays sometimes on my way back to Nashville. I'll wave next time I go by. I bought some line at bps 2 yrs ago that I'm real pleased with, but don't see it on the shelf any more. Stuff I have is Offshore Angler label, but P-line is all I find now. I hate it when they change things around to suit themselves and forget about us.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I have everything spooled with Mr. Crappie 6 lb hi vis flo yellow. I have noticed a little line twist but nothing unusual. I troll with it, as well and really like it for the most part.

It doesn't fray too bad and holds up well, for me. I have caught some 4 lb plus fish and can't complain about its performance. I like the high vis and as the Spring approaches, I will continue using it. However, I will evaluate the remaining spool as I use it.

aj

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast