Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Old Flasher //vs. New Tech Finders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Flasher //vs. New Tech Finders

Okay First I Am Old School (cause I Am Getting Old) But All The New Gadgets They Come Out With Don't Mean Squat To Me, Many A Time When We Fish Kansas Lakes We Just Get About 4 Marker Bouys Ready, Turn On Flasher, Get In The Channel And When We Get A Red Line For A Second Or Two Up Off Bottom Throw Out A Marker, So We Do This Until We Have 4 Places Marked Then Go Back And Use Cheap $79 Cuda Finder And Fine Tune And Kick A$$...... Had Paper Graph And High Dollar Finders Only To Waste A Lot Of Time Playing With Them.... Give Me A Flasher.... Now On Truman Don't Do It So Much Because Of All The Structure We Can Fish, But Have Done It A Couple Of Times And It Works There Also, Usually Wind Gets Up And Makes It Tough Out On Main Lake...... Anyone Got A Old Flasher For Sale.... Would Like To Pick Up A Spare One.....
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a real nice one that I let go with my last boat I sold. I still see them using flashers for ice fishing on tv. They can see fish approch and get ready to set the hook. Most of the new units have a flasher mode built in.

Post Thanks / Like

I Will Look And See If I Can Find Them. I Had A Hummingbird, A Lowrance, And 2 Eagle's If I Can Find Them. I Might Let One Go.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What I Have Is A Lowrance

I Would Want To Try And Match My Old One It Is A Lowrance Bluewater Pro Model 1240a, Don't Want To Even Attempt To Change Out Transducer........ Thank You For Looking........ Silver

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one of the new (digital) flashers from Lowrance, just because I had a round hole in the dash when I bought my boat. I use it for depth, but honestly have no clue what all the flashing lines are around the perimeter. Thought maybe it was some kind of equalizer hooked up to the stereo.

SilverSide - if'n ya want to give me 10 minute schoolin' on how to read that thing, I'll buy you a drink! (or some minnows). :D

(Really!)
    Last edited by rlsiv; 02-23-2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: correct spelling
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lessons #1

Best You Do Is Send It To Me.... What I Always Done Was Turn The Gain Down To Reduce All The Red Lines, Then Just Putter Around About 10 Mph And When You Get A 1 Solid Red Line Say At 18' With A Real Red Line On Bottom Say At 25' Darn Good Chance That Is A Large School Of Crappie, Not Always, Doesn't Take Long To Find Out. 3 Jigs On A Couple Rods And U Are In Business.....i Always Work Creek And River Channels.....

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. Mine doesn't have any colored lines. Its all B&W!!
    Guess I need to find some directions for the darn thing.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlsiv View Post
    I've got one of the new (digital) flashers from Lowrance, just because I had a round hole in the dash when I bought my boat. I use it for depth, but honestly have no clue what all the flashing lines are around the perimeter. Thought maybe it was some kind of equalizer hooked up to the stereo.

SilverSide - if'n ya want to give me 10 minute schoolin' on how to read that thing, I'll buy you a drink! (or some minnows). :D

(Really!)

rlsiv, you better stick to buying him a drink. He doesn't use minnows.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Default True No Minnows

Now Old Beagle Uses Minnow Cause It Is The Biggest Thing He Handles All Day Long.......