Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie in the Bush River

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie in the Bush River

Hello Everyone, I have bee reading all of your posts and am fired up to get out there and rip some lips. I am new to Crappie Fishing up here. I am from Tennessee and am stationed here at Edgewood Arsenal for the next couple of years. I am used to fishing Kentucky lake for Crappie. I have a boat and am just looking for a little direction as to how to catch Maryland Crappie. From what I understand they are not pressured very much up here. Any suggestions or tip's would be greatly appreciated!!

John

Post Thanks / Like

John,

I've never fished the actual Bush river for Crappies, but there are a few in Gray's Run (the bridge at Rt40). You can fish there right now from shore. The yellow perch aren't there yet but will be in the next week or 2.

You would be much better off to go west on Rt40 a few miles to Joppatowne. Nice public ramp there. If you are in the military you can also launch at the ramp near the deer shack in the Edgewood area. It puts you in the Gunpowder just inside Maxwell point. You would only be a couple of miles by water from the Joppatowne canals.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie in the Bush

Yea, we have a pretty decent ramp her about 1 mile from my office but I would rather use Mariner's Point in Joppa, your right it is a nice ramp. So should I be using minnows or jigs? How deep should I be fishing?