Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Gray Ghost

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Gray Ghost

I finally got the lettering done on my new boat yesterday and took some pictures this morning.

I named her the Gray Ghost, which is what my mentor, Lee Roy Rodgers, called one of his favorite crappie jigs - a gray Slater's original.

I'm really enjoying working out of her - much more convenient and comfortable than my old Kenner.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That is one nicely rigged boat Jerry. How do you like that trolling motor? I'm trying to talk to my buddy into rigging his with one like that to get away from the foot control. Neither one of us has legs worth a damn anymore. I fixed mine by adding a co-pilot. Haven't been able to try it yet but sure am anxious.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

That's an awesome rig, Jerry....and with the lettering and the Blue Wave insignia it looks even more professional. Good job!! I intend to take a ride in that boat when my responsibilities here are finished, maybe even catch some Jerry Blake crappie... :D

Post Thanks / Like

good looking set up

Post Thanks / Like

Nice setup Jerry! I like the color matching seats. The lettering makes the boat look great. You should get a good return on the investment. Hope it last you for many many years.

How's the crappie fishing down there these days?
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bill H and LA Bill:

Bill H - I've always used a hand controlled trolling motor with a foot switch to turn it on. This one is the Maxxum with the 3X steering meaning the motor turns three times as far as you move the tiller handle. In other words if you turn the handle just 60-degrees from the straight forward position you are in full reverse so they don't even put reverse on it. They have an arrow at the top like the foot control models so you know which way the motor is pointing but now that I am getting used to it I don't have to look at the arrow much.

I'm finally getting the hang of using it and really like it. It has variable speed control, which I adjust to just enough to move the boat good and then bump the foot switch when I want to move or to hold against the wind. I don't troll with it but "hover" around brushpiles and it works really well for that.

LA Bill - Come on anytime - those responsibilities will still be there when you get back!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jet4 and Moose,

The crappie have slowed down some on Hamilton but were getting a good variety of other fish including walleye, white bass, hybrid white bass, black bass, catfish and today we caught a pike on a crappie pole. We're still catching good size and numbers of crappie on Greeson - http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/pictures.htm.

Are you going to make it to the TeeZur Tournament this year, Moose? Hope to see you there!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default MinnKota ?

Mr. Blake, that is one nice looking boat! About the 3X steering,
    I am curious - does it have any kind of friction adujustment on the
    steering - or is it not needed? Wondering if, say at pretty high thrust
    in wind, does it hold a setting OK? Not turn on its on? Thanks,
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

That is one fine looking rig. Keep er full of paying customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default That boat looks AWESOME

I'm getting real close to booking a fall trip. Can't wait to fish out of the grey ghost
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast