Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truman Lake Not Good for Us

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Truman Lake Not Good for Us

Well we ran up to Truman today but couldn't get there until about 11 a.m. since had to greet at Church this morning.

I guess we got there after they were done bitting or it just wasn't our day to be on the water. We fished Cedars, Hardwoods and Creek Channels but just couldn't get them in the boat. Talked to Olesilverside on the way up and he did pretty good early today so maybe we were just too late.

The wind was pretty chilly but by about 2:30 it began to lay and it was really nice out. Even though we were not catching any fish it was nice to be on the water. And when I say it was nice to be on the water I mean we had it all to ourselves. We put in at Berry Bend and was not another truck and trailer in the lot and we didn't see a boat on the water all day long.

Guess I will have to take next weekend off as I take all the guys from work to the Horse Races at Oaklawn for the weekend.

But plan on going after them again the weekend after that.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Early Bird Gets The Worm

I Think I Might Have Mentioned To You That 7 Am To 9 Am Was Gravy Train Time??? Sorry To Hear You Didn't Do So Well, There Was Just One Other Vechile In The Parking Lot This Am...... Those 2 And Us Made 4 Old Timers Out There Freezing Our Fingers And A$$ Off.... think It Will Only Get Even Better In About 2 Weeks Or Less.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

At least you got that skeeter wet. I think Dry Rot is starting to settle in mine. May have to call YellowWood for help. Guess there must be someting to the saying 'the early bird'.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sonar

One thing I forgot to mention and maybe this makes me look like I really have no clue what I am doing.

I usually fish Stockton but I was in total amazement of how many fish were showing up on the graph today while on Truman. I mean almost everywhere we went the fish was just thick. I even tried what I would call TV fishing. Where you watch your lure go right down to the fish and stick it right in front of them, under them, over them, etc. and still didn't catch anything. Anyway, I have rarely ever seen so many fish on my graph at Stockton as I did today at Truman.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

At least you were after them, you'll get them next time. As the old saying goes, you should have been here.....
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

better luck next time. last time I went fishing on stockton the fish were just the other way they were thick as hookers at a crappie camp. I guess if we could figure out these fish there wouldnt be any left. I got a couple good spots on stockton we will get togather some day and I will show you where they use to be. later and good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WantinCrappie View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention and maybe this makes me look like I really have no clue what I am doing.

I usually fish Stockton but I was in total amazement of how many fish were showing up on the graph today while on Truman. I mean almost everywhere we went the fish was just thick. I even tried what I would call TV fishing. Where you watch your lure go right down to the fish and stick it right in front of them, under them, over them, etc. and still didn't catch anything. Anyway, I have rarely ever seen so many fish on my graph at Stockton as I did today at Truman.
    I was fishing the graph yesterday and the schools of suspended fish were very thick. I would say here they come and everyone would have one on, just not many keepers. I tried deeper water, shallower water and other spots with the same results. I thought I had it figured out when we caught 2keepers in a row at 20 feet but went right back to catching short fish.

Post Thanks / Like

what is water temp at truman?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gottabite View Post
    what is water temp at truman?
    I was seeing a range of 39 to 43 while on the water Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 41

water temp at barry bend was 41 degrees.........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast