Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat registration question?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat registration question?

Im getting a new boat next weekend. Can I take it out sunday or do I have to go to the DMV and get it registered before I take it out? If I do I guess I will have to sit and look at it till monday before I do. I am going to call tomorrow but was wondering if anyone has the answer I was just kind of getting antzy about it.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmcduck View Post
    Im getting a new boat next weekend. Can I take it out sunday or do I have to go to the DMV and get it registered before I take it out? If I do I guess I will have to sit and look at it till monday before I do. I am going to call tomorrow but was wondering if anyone has the answer I was just kind of getting antzy about it.
    I'm sure the same law applies as purchasing a new car. You have 30 days to register your purchase. If you buy it Saturday, just keep copies of the sales transaction while you are out and I don't think you will have a problem.

By the way, what kind of boat are you getting?

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Let'er eat

Post Thanks / Like

Thought the same thing speck thanks for the info. Getting a new Tracker 175. Hope it warms up cause Im gonna be chomping at the bit like everybody else.