Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Lake 2/22/2009 Brrrrr........

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Lake 2/22/2009 Brrrrr........

Well That 5 To 10 Mph Wind Out Of The North Hurt When It Showed Up, Which Was About 30 Minutes After We Started Fishing At Barry Bend This Am. Fished Cedars In 20 To 30' Water, First Few Fish Were Down 12' Then Had To Drop To 18' After The Gravy Was Caught, Thought The Two Of Us Would Just Keep One Limit, And We Even Screwed That Up, Had 14....... Didn't Have A Lot More Than That Maybe 20 Keepers Total And A Dozen Short Fish..... Using Orange/chartuse About Every Cedar We Fished Had Some On It....quit At 10 Am Thought We Had Fought The Cold Long Enough.....
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day. The wind seems to be down up here, so I'm going to gear up and hit a local lake today and see if my winter spot will produce. It's normally good until mid March, so we'll see.

I feel a sick day coming on this week though.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Question olesivlerside need help

i just want to say thanks for all the pictures and the reports olesilverside and everybody else for that fact. I am looking for help on truman on what to look for during the winter pattern. I am the typical crappie fisherman that likes to catch them during the spawn and summer pattern. Never have really tried to catch them in the winter and when i have tried not much luck. I am not asking what tree just what to look for. Mouths of covers, creek channels, or bluffs ect. I have a place on z highway (bent tree) that i visit regular near barry bend. i am out of republic and really enjoy this sight. Pound for pound this is the best forum. Thanks and look forward to sharing information with everybody. I am going this Wednesday and i am counting the minuets till than.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter Fishing Holes

I Really Like Fall And Winter Fishing, So I Scouted Out Several Places Over The Years, Something Close To Ramps So You Don't Have To Travel So Far In Cold Water, Usually Within A Mile Of The Ramp. Barry Bend Has Several Of These Areas, Then I Look For 25 To 35' Deep Water Mostly With Cedars In Them, Some Out Of Wind If Possible. Got A Few At Barry, A Few Over On Grand At Sparrowfoot, A Couple Out Of Bucksaw And 2 Out Of Windsor Crossing, Don't Need Anymore Just Bounce From One To The Other....won't Be Long Up The Creeks Is The Place To Be......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up You did good.

Monty, I would say you did good today. I just posted a thread about how our day turned out.

Anyway, it was nice talking to you this morning. Hope to talk to you again soon.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Good lookin fish there Silver. I have done the same thing counting, and so far always been on the short side. Truth be told.....very seldom catch more than single digits anyway.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Great Job.....it was cold today!
    Nothing better than getting out on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job in the cold!!!
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

nice mess of slabs there!!!! we went out on loz yesterday in the boat and man was it cold as well. we were in the brush around docks and on some bluffs. we found some nice fish around the 18 to 20 foot mark seemed to be right tight to the bottom yesterday vs. up in 8 to 10 ft. on last thurs. we were having luck with a new kahlins jig in black/chartruse with a blue tip and 1/16oz lead head. Just kinda hold it still with very little action fishing very slow