Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Boat

I am going to get me a new fishing boat. The boat ( aluminum)will be 18-19 ft long 50" wide. I will run a 4 stroke fuel injected 40 HP with a Jet unit. The boat will have remote steering with a console. It will have a floor in it.

Looking for any design input you guys can offer I can lay the boat out anyway that I want. Just looking for some ideas that I might like, but havent thougt of.

Post Thanks / Like

Suggest you look on tinboat.com where they remodel and rig fishing boats. A lot of pictures and help from form members.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g31448 View Post
    Suggest you look on tinboat.com where they remodel and rig fishing boats. A lot of pictures and help from form members.

thanks

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tracker 1860 has a couple that caught my eye, check em out. bass pro shop metal boats.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rice...

Quote Originally Posted by riceman View Post
    I am going to get me a new fishing boat. The boat ( aluminum)will be 18-19 ft long 50" wide. I will run a 4 stroke fuel injected 40 HP with a Jet unit. The boat will have remote steering with a console. It will have a floor in it.

Looking for any design input you guys can offer I can lay the boat out anyway that I want. Just looking for some ideas that I might like, but havent thougt of.
    I see you are equipping it w/ a 40hp (w/ jet). Is this a true 40hp with a retro to a jet, or a OEM 40hp jet? I have a 17.5' Tracker w/ 40hp Merc jet. The power head on this motor is a 50 hp but you lose some hp going to a jet so the output is rated at 40.

I love the jet for the obvious reasons. Really nice in waters with lots of challenges if you know what I mean. My boat planes out fine, but unlike a prop, you can't punch it out of the hole. You have to get it moving and then take it up on plane. If I had to do it over, I would hang a bigger motor on the back...still a jet. MHO.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

I run an Alweld 1860 tunnel with an 80/115 Yamaha 4S. Sounds like that boat could be underpowered with a 40HP.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no way I would want a 40 prop or jet on that boat. I would be going for 80 or so (jet rating - not motor before jet).

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you guys are saying about the 40 Jet yes this will be an OEM 40 jet. I would like to run a bigger motor, but I live on and fish a river alot that has a 40hp motor restriction. It is a river with alot of shallow shoals, got to run a jet. It used to be a 25hp restriction. We can thank a crooked Ex Arkansas senator for getting that crap passed. He didnt like the boat traffic in front of his cabin, so he got that motor restriction passed. I wont have the power I would like but the boat will plane out. There are several of them around running so I know what it will do. I would like to run about somewhere in the range of a 90-115 jet, I would have to give up fishing this river though.

Post Thanks / Like

Guy that used to live across street from me had a jet outboard 40hp but output was rated at that of a 25hp. He told me a jet outboard out put you lose 25% of rated HP. He had it on a 14 footer said it worked OK but not very fast.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That will be one sweet ride when you finiish. Have fun.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.