Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Neely Henry and Weiss Lake June 5th, 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default Neely Henry and Weiss Lake June 5th, 2009

I am going to be staying on Weiss Lake for a week starting June 5th. I am also going to try to get out on Neely Henry for a day or two while I am in the area. How is the Crappie fishing at both of these lake at that thime of year?

As far as Weiss Lake we are staying in Yellow Creek and we will have a boat.

When we head down to Neely Henry I would like to focus on the Conoe Creek area unless that is a totally bad choice. I am willing to go to other locations on the lake, just need to where to put in at.

The trip to Nely Henry is more of a trip to get to know the lake a litte but would still like to do some fishing while there.

You dont have to tell me your Honey Holes, just looking if find out the general fishing conditions for that time of year. and if one area of either of these lakes is better that time of year.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Default June Crappie fishing on Weiss & Neely Henry

The fish will be back on the main river channels by then. Fish minnows on the river ledges in 12 to 17 ft. of water. If you can find them, you can catch them. Neely Henry and Weiss can both be fished year round for crappie . Good Luck...
    Take a Kid fishing, keep only enough to eat, and release the rest to spawn again. Pop

Post Thanks / Like

both lakes will be producing good numbers, you have a pm

Post Thanks / Like

Both are good lakes and will produce crappie year round. On Weiss I would target main lake ledges and points with 12' to 16' of water, Fish slow and look for brush or other structure as the fish will hold close to it. On Nealy I usually fish the larger creek channels off the main river, Canoe Creek being one of the best. Target the stumps and strecture along the creek chanel.
    GOOD FISHING, Terry.:D
    Terry Whaley
    www. weisslakeguide.com
    EGO NETS SOUTHERN PRO