Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ozark Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ozark Rods

Any body got any info on these rods? Can you get replacement tips if needed ?

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to send a PM to gonefishinee. His name is Ed Edgar and his son, Tony, makes and sells the Ozark rods.

In addition, members bugman and beagle (I believe) use Ozark rods and are big proponents of them. You can find these guys on the Missouri board. In fact, you may want to post your message on the Missouri board. I guarantee that you'll get a bunch of feedback on the rods there.

Lastly, you could contact Osofishy on this site. That's Lance Mansfield and he sells Ozark rods (among others) at Grizzly Jig in Caruthersville, MO. You can find their store at Grizzly Jig Company - Nations #1 Crappie Store.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Edgars Outdoors,,,,,573/378/2220,,,,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

You da' man, Fuzzy. I knew one of the Missouri boys would come through...
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Tony is Eds cousin. Either way they are great rods for a reasonable price. I love the 10 ft for dipping hard woods.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I'll see what they say.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 7 1/2 foot spinning rod for crappie, and it has become one of my favorite shellcracker rods, a little to heavy an action for crappie, to me anyway. it is a joy to fish with.

Post Thanks / Like

Great rods and awesome price! You won't be disappointed.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Talk to Louie at Grizzly Jig Co about those rods. At one time, there were several companies selling the same blanks, Ozark, Outlaw, and Crappie Wizard were all the same with an UL 10' rod at one point. It is my all time favorite rod although durability has been an issue. Those companies are now selling a slightly heavier and more durable blank rod.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of 'em. BUT Louie can sell you The Crappie Pole, same blank (slightly heavier version as mentioned above) , $10 cheaper. About $36. Just ask him. And YES, he sells replacement tip sections for $16.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

These rod are very light and very sensitive,good rods,but the durability is forsure a issue, I broke the tip on mine on a fish not stepin on iy replaced it and then the back bot part brok on me about two ft from handle. my buddy I fish with uses one his has never broke like I said they are supper sensitive in my opion the most sensitive I have fished with. Grizzly has the tips.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast