Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: still slow for us on wylie last night

Post Thanks / Like

Default still slow for us on wylie last night

Me, Pete, and Tool hooked up at allison creek landing for a night of crappie lifting at one of my favorite spots last night. It turned out to be a pretty slow night, and was i worried pete and tool would keelhaul me since i pretty well had em thinking this was the night the drought was gonna be broken. last night tool was gettin the fish and he wanted the catfish we caught too, so it wasnt a total loss. the last thirty minutes we fished we targeted the catfish and tool had the hot seat and got a pretty good workout the last few minutes we fished. I hooked a catfish that i knew was gonna give a good fight so i handed the rod to pete and told him to get it in for me so he took the rod and took that cat from my end of the boat to the other end through all them lines in the water without gettin one tangled. (I was secretly hoping if there was gonna be a big mess like usually happens when we hook a cat that size it would be petes lines needing the scissors instead of mine.) then the fish wrapped around the anchor rope on the boat and i figgered it was lost,, when pete got a net under it and saved the day. I was amazed he was able to work that cat down the boat throught all them lines without creating a huge mess. I asked him how he done it and he told me i should have paid attention. anyway, we fished from dark to midnight and hung it up and come in. I offered up my prized can of pringles chips and Jalapeno cheese dip hoping they wouldnt keelhaul me and it worked. no keelhauling for the captain last night. we counted 13 crappie, of which two was netters, (one was highly suspicious as being qualified as a netter), the rest lifters, with maybe a couple taterchips, and 11 catfish,, the biggest a channel probably five or six lbs. the water is still very warm, at 84 degrees, a good time was had by all even tho the bite was slow. looking foward to the next outing already... I wont be going back out this week, as im going to santee this weekend so ill spend thursday gathering some brim and shad for bait to take down .
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Rango , you guys sure make it sound fun even when they aint bitin'.I cant say that we have that much fun when the bite is off.It's fun to be out there , but not what I'm after.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Default slow bite but fun

Like Rango said, the bite was slow. But, we still had fun. I gave up on fishing for crappie about 3/4 the way thru the evening and let my minnows all the way down to the bottom for some catfish action. Pete and Rango were the crappie kids on this evening. I think Pete had a few more than Rango but I wasn't really counting. I was enjoying those cajun pringles with the jalepeno dip! Mighty Tasty! I will be heading back out with the wife Friday night. Hopefully the fishing will be a little faster but if it isn't I'll have fun turning them minnows into catfish catchers.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Tool.I responded to your pm from about two months ago.I apologize , I didnt know to look for them.The board just got a little bigger for me.lol.Eric.

Post Thanks / Like

catch em all friday night tool. them wylie crappie gettin a little sassy now that they've worked a mojo on us nightstalkers. Yeah pete creamed me again as far as numbers go, but thats old hat lol,, ive gotten used to it and accept it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default no problem

rango had a good suggestion when this weather cools down..we can all get together and anchor our boats in a circle and fish the middle. that seems like it would draw the fish to the center of the circle. we would need about 4-5 boats for it to work...maybe we can do that after the nightstalkers ball near the end of october.....something to think about anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tool
    rango had a good suggestion when this weather cools down..we can all get together and anchor our boats in a circle and fish the middle. that seems like it would draw the fish to the center of the circle. we would need about 4-5 boats for it to work...maybe we can do that after the nightstalkers ball near the end of october.....something to think about anyways.
    Well my first impression of that idea was that there would be a mess of crossed and tangled anchor lines to deal with. But then I figured maybe you could anchor 2 boats parallel to each other, say 20' apart and the tie the bow and stearn of another 2 boats to the front and back of the 2 anchored boats forming a square. A time during cooler weather when the boat traffic has quieted down would be good so there won't be so much pressure on the anchors. I wonder if all that lite would actually scare the fish away..lol. It sure would be a fun nite tho. Maybe it could be a sort of regular event. We could even pick a spot and build a big brush pile to fish near. I say let's do it.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big "E"
    Good luck Tool.I responded to your pm from about two months ago.I apologize , I didnt know to look for them.The board just got a little bigger for me.lol.Eric.
    In case anyone is not familiar with the private messaging feature on this board here is an explanation. At the top right of this page you will see the words private message in blue. Click on them and you will be able to communicate with other members without posting on the message board. If you go to the control panel on the top left of the "private messaging" page and click on Edit Options you must make sure that the box to "enable private messaging" is checked. Farther down the page is a box you can check to receive a popup alert when someone has sent you a private message.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kunes , I just saw that message on the upper right side that said I had messages.It made me feel special.Then I saw they were 2 months old , and felt really bad.Eric.

Post Thanks / Like

id like to do the circle thing. barging up is a lot of fun, but more than two boats together side by side, the middle boat aint gonna have much room to fish, unless he fishes off the front or back. well see what we can work out one night when the weather cools some..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast