Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkabutla Crappie Report

slabseeker Guest

Default Arkabutla Crappie Report

Does anyone have a report on crappie at Arkabutla. I know it has been hard to fish lately. I have heard that some have been having success before all the windy days started. I troll most of the time. I wondered if anyone had tried trolling in the last few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

I had been wading in the creeks and doing well until the last rain a week ago. Have not heard of any reports about anyone trolling. The water had gone down about 2 feet and hurt the wading but now I think after these 2 rains we have had it will get better. The wind has been murder though.

slabseeker Guest

Crappieman, I rode down to the boat ramp at Hernando Point today. The water sure looked muddy. The lake is up pretty good, but the COE is drawing the lake down to compensate for the spring rains. I don't know what this will do to the fishing. When the wind lets up I imagine I will go back to Sardis and try Clear Creek. The last time we were up there about 2 weeks ago we caught 44 in about 4 hours. We were trolling in about 10 feet of water fishing between 6-8ft. deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Whew, I didn't think I would ever get done reading the whole board.... Well now its official, yall are a bunch of gewbers!....LOL

Driftmaster's Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

The lake is still falling, last Saturday there were a lot of boats spidering the mouth of Hurricane and Mussacuna Creek. They must be slow because I haven't seen any reports on here about them.Butla is at 211.14 and falling.The fish are most likely in Post-spawn by now and may be suspended off flats in the mouths of creeks just off the main lake!Be careful motoring because there are stumps and mud flats to get stuck on everywhere.Hope you get them!! If you do go there please give us back a report so we will know more. Thnks.

Old geezer fishermen never die, they just smell that way!!

Post Thanks / Like

another 2004 thread bought up???

Post Thanks / Like

Baaaahahaha, I'm sorry....

Driftmaster's Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlabLapper4sure View Post
    The lake is still falling, last Saturday there were a lot of boats spidering the mouth of Hurricane and Mussacuna Creek. They must be slow because I haven't seen any reports on here about them.Butla is at 211.14 and falling.The fish are most likely in Post-spawn by now and may be suspended off flats in the mouths of creeks just off the main lake!Be careful motoring because there are stumps and mud flats to get stuck on everywhere.Hope you get them!! If you do go there please give us back a report so we will know more. Thnks.

Old geezer fishermen never die, they just smell that way!!
    ifn he went in 2004 and hasnt given a report by now, we prolly aint gnna get one, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even check the date of the post. Gonna have to pay you back for that one!!Hey dude let's party!!!LOL!!!!Anybody really have a report for the Butla?

OLD GEEZER FISHERMEN NEVER DIE, THEY JUST SMELL THAT WAY!!

Post Thanks / Like

Party my butt. A 2004 post resurrected is a Flashback from a previous party!!!

Big River Marine
    Bill Burnett
    870-635-0202
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast