Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Banks taking advantage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Banks taking advantage

Looks like the banks are getting bailed out twice by the government and us taxpayers. I dont know how long it has been going on where they put unemployment payments on debit cards now. But I saw on the net where they were doing this and then banks are charging fees for the people to draw their money out. Unemployment isnt much to begin with, and the banks have to get their share. What a shame

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    Looks like the banks are getting bailed out twice by the government and us taxpayers. I dont know how long it has been going on where they put unemployment payments on debit cards now. But I saw on the net where they were doing this and then banks are charging fees for the people to draw their money out. Unemployment isnt much to begin with, and the banks have to get their share. What a shame
    Yep! They been doin it! The bank I have my accounts with charges me 3 bucks every time I use my unemp. card! Costs .95 cents just for me to check my balance! And if you make a mistake and overdraw, it costs $90 bucks!! Unempl. here ain't but $230 a week to start with!! It's rediculous! You don't get a monthly statement or nothing! How you sposed to keep up an account without a statement??
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beenfishin? View Post
    Yep! They been doin it! The bank I have my accounts with charges me 3 bucks every time I use my unemp. card! Costs .95 cents just for me to check my balance! And if you make a mistake and overdraw, it costs $90 bucks!! Unempl. here ain't but $230 a week to start with!! It's rediculous! You don't get a monthly statement or nothing! How you sposed to keep up an account without a statement??
    Doesn't your state have direct deposit for your unemployment funds? Here in PA, you can get a debit card or direct deposit. No fees with direct deposit.