Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Rango.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Rango.

I'm deffinately going to santee this weekend.I got my permit papers today.lol.I may try to stay at Harry's this time as they have camping and the place I stayed last time does not.I read a post on the boc board from a guy who says he's placed just about everytime in the nationals using cow's blood as bait.Obviously dried or coagulated in some way as he says it stays on the hook with no problems.Have you ever heard of such?I tried to aquire some from a local slaughter house and they wont sell it.Something about regs and codes.I would like to try this , as grisly as it sounds.Hey maybe we can hook up down there for an evening or morning.I may be going alone , if I can't find any companions.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Im leaving out friday morning and will be staying at harrys. dont recall which unit number ill be in but it will be on the front row on the row house. Ive heard of using cows blood. I dont have acess to any of that so im gonna spend thursday gathering brim and shad, and will be taking that and crappie for bait, along with some perch well catch down there. If the wind lets me, ill be fishing marion. dont know yet. im hoping to drift and/or bobber fish using ten inch bobbers.. i like doing that.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Well if I end up staying there , we'll probably cross paths at some point.I wont be down until friday afternoon at best.Maybe friday night.Good luck , get a good 'un.Eric.

Post Thanks / Like

BTW are you keeping your brim alive or cutting it?

Post Thanks / Like

cutting it up. If i decide to use live bait, ill pick me up some perch out there in front of harrys in the channel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big "E"
    I'm deffinately going to santee this weekend.I got my permit papers today.lol.I may try to stay at Harry's this time as they have camping and the place I stayed last time does not.I read a post on the boc board from a guy who says he's placed just about everytime in the nationals using cow's blood as bait.Obviously dried or coagulated in some way as he says it stays on the hook with no problems.Have you ever heard of such?I tried to aquire some from a local slaughter house and they wont sell it.Something about regs and codes.I would like to try this , as grisly as it sounds.Hey maybe we can hook up down there for an evening or morning.I may be going alone , if I can't find any companions.Eric.
    big "E",
    Sounds like you'er going for catfish. I have had real good luck using cow heart and or chicken liver. Cow heart stays on the hook longer because it is a muscle and is tuffer than the liver. I guess since its the heart it has more of the cow blood you speak of. Good luck!
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Deacon , yes I'm going after cats , and possibly some crappie.Depends largely on the weather.It's not too fun crappie fishing out there when the wind or anything else kicks up.It's hard enough to see the bite as it is.I may try the heart , as they are readily available.Eric.

Post Thanks / Like

Rango ,do you fish the stump fields or around the banks at night?Those stumps look good for flattys , but they look menacing in the dark and you loose sight of those channel markers.Thats where I caught my only cat on the previous trip.

Post Thanks / Like

during the daylight, ill be out in the stumps fairly close to the channel markers,,, if i get to fish at night, ill probably be close to the banks. yeah,, them stumps is intimidating

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply.We fished the stumps at night last time , but went really slow and used the spot light I mentioned before.Eric.