Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giving Out Information On Your Honey Hole

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Giving Out Information On Your Honey Hole

I EXPECT EVERYONE HAS EXPERIENCED LETTING THE SECRET OUT ON YOUR HONEY HOLE. (GOOD IDEA?) OR (BAD IDEA?) I DON'T MIND TELLING EVERYTHING UP TO WITHIN A 1/2 MILE OR SO.... HAVEN'T SHOWN ANYONE SINCE 1982. HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME...YOU PROBABLY HAVE YOUR OWN STORY TO TELL..... A GUY AT WORK NAMED "PETE" WANTED TO KNOW IF I COULD SHOW HIM AND HIS TWO SONS ONE 12 AND ONE 15,WHERE TO CATCH SOME CRAPPIE. I SAID OKAY SO TOOK THEM ABOVE BARRY BEND AND PUT THEM ON SOME BIG OLE SPAWNING CRAPPIE ON A FRIDAY, SHOWED'EM AN AREA I WOULD BE FISHING FIRST THING SATURDAY AM. IN A TOURNAMENT.... COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES WHEN I GOT CLOSE TO THE SPOT THERE SAT A 14' ALUM BOAT WITH A 9.9 MERC ON IT.... YOU GOT IT, IT WAS PETE AND HIS BOYS, HE SAID MAN WE HAVE ALREADY CAUGHT 6 BIG SLABS....... I WILL NOT TYPE WHAT WAS GOING THROUGH MY MIND......YOU KNOW HE NEVER COULD FIGURE OUT WHY I NEVER WOULD TAKE HIM AGAIN...........
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

At least you're a fast learner! :D

Post Thanks / Like

lessons learned the hard way
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

it's happened to all of us...to bad people are like that my advice is pick and choose your friend's better. i have had the same thing happen to me more than once. never in a tournament type situation. but if i'm catching crappie and one of my friend's want to take there boy's or wife or whatever i have alway's obliged. i have more than one spot. but again if i was fishing a tournament soon i would'nt show anyone those secret spot's however i do have several at berry bend as im sure you do as well ol silver bugman what about you anything like that ever happen to you?:o:D half mile is a lot of territory, in my opinion if that's the closest your gonna tell me i'd soon not even know the lake.
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default That Was My Bad

I Agree That Was My Bad, But Darn Man You Think A Guy Would Have More Common Sense Than That..... I Quit Tournaments In 1992, And Places I Show Anyone Now I Really Don't To Much About, I Am Retired Now And Fish Anytime I Like.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I also have shared info & sometimes its been ok & sometimes not. I dont care to share if they respect the info. I went with a friend of mine this winter to stockton & ask me to keep it to myself & was in his boat so its only right to respect his wish. Although there is a couple of cdc members think they know were it is but they really dont.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jiggin View Post
    I also have shared info & sometimes its been ok & sometimes not. I dont care to share if they respect the info. I went with a friend of mine this winter to stockton & ask me to keep it to myself & was in his boat so its only right to respect his wish. Although there is a couple of cdc members think they know were it is but they really dont.:D
    What I want to know is when are you going to take me to those spots?? You don't have to tell me they are your friends spot and I would not know the difference!:D Wait a minute you have a friend? Check the pictures at the top I put good picture of you and Mrs. JJ up there and even though I know where all those fish were caught I ain't sharing that spot!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default All in good fun for this one

I've got one that kind of relates to this one.

I've got a buddy who goes to Lake Fork in Texas Bass fishing every spring with a several of his buddies. They been doing this for probably 10 years now. There are six of them that go and they take three boats. They are night fishing and it's a big competition between the three boats. Well last year after the first night of fishing my buddy had not done so well and his boat usually has the biggest and most fish. So they all came in and ate breakfast and went to lay down and sleep for the day. Well after they had retired for the day my buddy get back up, runs out and checks the other boats gps to see where they have been. So that night they all head out fishing again and he heads to where he can tell the other boat had spent a lot of time. Said they had not been there more than 10 minutes when out of no where in the dark there are his other buddies. He said it just made the trip with that other boat wondering how he had been able to be right there in the area where they had done so well. He left the spot and let them have it and when they all met back up at breakfast he filled them in on what he had done. Anyway, they are all a good bunch of guys and have a great time.

Anyway, that's my little story.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER View Post
    ... if i was fishing a tournament soon i would'nt show anyone those secret spot's...
    Thats about the only time I would feel inclined to not share "honey hole" info with somebody. Hard not to, especially when they're taking kids out to fish.

One of the things I love about fishing, and Crappie fishermen(women) in general is that they DO share tips pretty openly. Since I'm just as likely to get outfished by my 9yr old daughter as I am to win a tournament, I'll take all the tips I can get! And if one of these days I manage to boat a nice limit more than once in a season I'll be the first guy to post up a pic and all the details I can provide!

I'm a duckhunter, and travel all over to pursue that hobby. And with duckhunters its apparently a cardinal sin punishable by death if you share honey hole info (or any info for that matter) with another hunter! VERY competitive for spots and tactics. Guys that do post pics of bag limits like to photoshop out all background material just in case any internet hunters are trying to scope out "their spot" or even what boat ramp they might have been using. GEEZ.

I'll take the Crappie crowd ANY day!
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlsiv View Post
    One of the things I love about fishing, and Crappie fishermen(women) in general is that they DO share tips pretty openly. Since I'm just as likely to get outfished by my 9yr old daughter as I am to win a tournament, I'll take all the tips I can get!

I'm a duckhunter, and travel all over to pursue that hobby. And with duckhunters its apparently a cardinal sin punishable by death if you share honey hole info (or any info for that matter) with another hunter! VERY competitive for spots and tactics. Guys that do post pics of bag limits like to photoshop out all background material just in case any internet hunters are trying to scope out "their spot" or even what boat ramp they might have been using. GEEZ.
    Hey, I resemble that remark! I don't go thru the trouble of photo shopping, but I do remember when I hunted public ground almost everyday I would lie, lie, lie!!! And I would hide my ducks until I got home so that no one would see them.:p

I agree, crappie fisherman are a much kinder/nicer bunch!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast