Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Duck Creek and Mingo Swamp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Duck Creek and Mingo Swamp

Has anybody on here ever fished Duck Creek or Mingo Swamp? I have drove passed Duck Creek before and is the weediest lake that I have ever seen! As far as Mingo Im not even for sure whats there to fish. I have heard that Duck Creek gives up some good bluegill/redear but havent heard much on crappie. Just curious as to who fishes these bodies of water and how they do.

Thanks in advance,
    Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard the same but have never figured them out myself. The water is clear and shallow, makes for some tough conditions. I have heard the best way is to cast, so you stay away from the fish. I have caught a few bass up in the summer, topwater, when it's so hot you can't catch your breath.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Duck Creek gives up a few slabs every once in a while. Mingo also. I used to fish The Mingo River up in the "No Motor" zone. I'd paddle a canoe about a mile or so toward Monopoly Marsh and fish the cypress trees. Pulled some pigs out of there in the spring years ago.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

We used to start fishing Duck Creek the second week in Feb, no matter what the weather. Caught a lot of Big crappie. That was a few years ago, first started fishing there in 1964.
    Like Speck said on Mingo.