Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cotile Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cotile Lake

My wife and I have just moved to Cotile lake in central La. Wondering if any other members fish this lake?
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cotile Lake......

Quote Originally Posted by kenmc77777
    My wife and I have just moved to Cotile lake in central La. Wondering if any other members fish this lake?
    Thanks!
    Hello, kenmc77777......Welcome to crappie.com and the Louisiana Board! Being in Shreveport, I can't answer your question about Cotile Lake, but we have members just south of your area and they will be glad to tell you what they can about the lake. Most of them are working, so you may not get a response 'til later today. We got the LA board on site about mid May, and we are still looking for members. We just obtained two from S. LA, (thanks to member "sacalait steve"), one from N. LA, and you from central LA. in less than two weeks time, so we are still growing. You and your wife will like this site, every member will share their techniques, tips and reports with you. I've learned more about crappie fishing here than I have in all my years of fishing, so don't be bashful about asking for info. We wish you and your spouse the best of luck, and we're looking forward to your posts......

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bill! We look forward to enjoying the forum!

Ken Mc

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhh Bill, you should just cut that mess out. Hello Ken, Welcome Ken and all that crap about sharing techniques and assorted tips just make me Sick. "Home Sick", that is!!!!!!!! Reading a post like that make me wonder what the heck am I doing in Seattle. I wish I could just pack up and move back home.

Anyway, cotile used to be an excellent lake for brim and white perch, but it's been a long time since I've fished it. Buhlow lake is suppose to be really good for night fishing now a days. Road Gully(misspelled) is also a great spot in the CenLa area, so is Kincaid lake. Hiway 28 past Pineville is also a really good spot.
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Louisiana Hospitality.....

Quote Originally Posted by CajunChris1
    Ahhhh Bill, you should just cut that mess out. Hello Ken, Welcome Ken and all that crap about sharing techniques and assorted tips just make me Sick. "Home Sick", that is!!!!!!!! Reading a post like that make me wonder what the heck am I doing in Seattle. I wish I could just pack up and move back home.

Anyway, cotile used to be an excellent lake for brim and white perch, but it's been a long time since I've fished it. Buhlow lake is suppose to be really good for night fishing now a days. Road Gully(misspelled) is also a great spot in the CenLa area, so is Kincaid lake. Hiway 28 past Pineville is also a really good spot.
    Hey, Chris.....#1: Thanks for your input, Kenmc will appreciate it. #2: A man's got to make a living....but Seattle! That has got to be the longest distance from the " Bayou State" anywhere in the continental U.S! You have every right to be homesick. They must have offered you the moon to go that far, even if you are still catching sacalait. If you are having bayou dreams, LA is still where it used to be, and we would like to have you posting under the LA board?!?! LOL... I've been watching the WA board for posts, but fishing must have slowed down or no one has time to go. It's been slow here too, but most of us are going to fish anyway; if one specie won't bite, we'll try another. By the way, how long has it been since you've had a big mess of perfectly prepared crawfish and your favorite "malt based beverage?" (I can't believe I'm being soooo underhanded) Anyway, best of luck to ya, and don't be a stranger!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Hitting below4 the belt

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    Hey, Chris.....#1: Thanks for your input, Kenmc will appreciate it. #2: A man's got to make a living....but Seattle! That has got to be the longest distance from the " Bayou State" anywhere in the continental U.S! You have every right to be homesick. They must have offered you the moon to go that far, even if you are still catching sacalait. If you are having bayou dreams, LA is still where it used to be, and we would like to have you posting under the LA board?!?! LOL... I've been watching the WA board for posts, but fishing must have slowed down or no one has time to go. It's been slow here too, but most of us are going to fish anyway; if one specie won't bite, we'll try another. By the way, how long has it been since you've had a big mess of perfectly prepared crawfish and your favorite "malt based beverage?" (I can't believe I'm being soooo underhanded) Anyway, best of luck to ya, and don't be a stranger!
    That's cold Bill, The Chinese farm raised crawfish aren't that bad once you acquire a taste for them, and i stick to Budweiser now.................
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

hey Kenmc77777 I have never fished Cotile lake but I fish Toledo Bend at least
    once a year and while up there I talk to many anglers who fish a tournament
    we have there and I hear many good reports coming from these anglers who
    have fished there I have seen pictures and it looks to be a beautiful lake. Good
    luck fishing it and please leave a post of any catchs you may get. looking forward to hearing from you .
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{