Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bass Pro Spring Fishing Classic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Pro Spring Fishing Classic

Looks like they finally came out with a sales brochure on the classic. I've been wanting one of those inflatable life jackets but don't know about the money. They have a few on sale. Might have to send the old lady up to the strip club at Fort Wood. Hey, not to strip, to pick up cans at the side door.

Post Thanks / Like

Right!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by osagemo View Post
    Looks like they finally came out with a sales brochure on the classic. I've been wanting one of those inflatable life jackets but don't know about the money. They have a few on sale. Might have to send the old lady up to the strip club at Fort Wood. Hey, not to strip, to pick up cans at the side door.
    LMAO

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is one of the best investments I have made:

Stearns Multipurpose Inflata-Belt Lite Manual Model 0340

I paid quite a bit more than this, but I bought mine a couple of years ago.
    I put mine on as soon as I jump in the boat, and then I dont think twice about it while I am out on the water. Very comfortable, and out of the way, but its there if you need it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fastman View Post
    I think this is one of the best investments I have made:

Stearns Multipurpose Inflata-Belt Lite Manual Model 0340

I paid quite a bit more than this, but I bought mine a couple of years ago.
    I put mine on as soon as I jump in the boat, and then I dont think twice about it while I am out on the water. Very comfortable, and out of the way, but its there if you need it.
    I've got that same belt (in camo, because I wear it duck-hunting, too), and they can be had for as low as $40 is you keep your eyes open. They are REALLY light and comfortable - don't even realize I have it on until one of my smart-az buddies makes fun of it. I just smile and tell them I've got a wife and two kids that appreciate me wearing it.

My Father-In-Law has a fishing friend at LOZ that wears one of the nicer full-sized self-inflating ones, and it saved his life several years ago. Got tossed out of the boat, landed unconscious, and that vest kept him afloat and his head above water. He fishes virtually every day and wears that vest every time he heads to the boat.

Get one.
    Wear one.
    Your family will thank you.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good advise rlsiv.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that one in the sale ad and it looked like a good deal, Dave. I bought one from Cabela's when it was on sale last year (I think it still cost more than the current one from BPS) and they are very comfortable. I'd say jump on it.

I always wear mine when I'm on LOZ, too. Better safe than sorry, as rlsiv demonstrated.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all that info guys. I fish by myself a lot and the old ladys been on me about wearing one. I usually start off with good intentions, then by the time my arms rub on the life jacket for an hour it comes off, especially with a lot of clothes. Thanks again, Dave