Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storing Pre made Rigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Storing Pre made Rigs

I need some ideas on how to store Capps and Coleman Rigs. If you make a whole bunch how do you store them for easy access and tangle free?

Post Thanks / Like

Wrap them around a piece of styrofoam about 1" thick. and big enough to hold all you want. the one I have is about 2' by 2'

Post Thanks / Like

Yup...buy one of those cheap styrofoam noodles the kids use in the pool...at walmart for a couple bucks...cut it off to to about a 1 ft section. I can hold about 10 or so easily on there without a mess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chadku View Post
    Yup...buy one of those cheap styrofoam noodles the kids use in the pool...at walmart for a couple bucks...cut it off to to about a 1 ft section. I can hold about 10 or so easily on there without a mess.

Best way to store them. You can stick floats inside the tube for storage also.

WACKY NOODLE SWIMMING POOL NOODLES - NOODLE WITH HOLE-Poolcenter

Last edited by Gamblinman; 02-19-2009 at 10:28 AM.
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

Those Should Work. But I Dont Like Mine To Have Coils In Them , I Like Them Straight. So I Take A 40 Piece Of Schd 40 Pvc Pipe And Drill Holes Around It Every Few Inches. The Near 1 End I Drill Holes And Attach Some Elastic To The Tube On 1 End And A Swivel With 1 Of Those Clips That You Open And Close On The Other End Of The Elastic. I Attach The Swivel Of My Rig To The Clip, Take The Hook On The Other End And Put It In One Of The Holes In The Pipe. Stretch It Just A Little To Keep It Tight. It Works Real Well With Carolina Rig Set Ups.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=bigfish5;702666]Those Should Work. But I Dont Like Mine To Have Coils In Them , I Like Them Straight.
    QUOTE]

Good point. I have something similar in my own boat to keep them tight and straight. I use this bag and the noodles whem I'm traveling, or going in someone elses boat. I just happened to have it out of the garage, going through it and seeing what needed to be replaced.
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

The noodle has always worked for my tandum rigs. I have not had problems with looping. Maybe its the line. I DO keep the noodle out of extreme heat when not on the water though.

On windy days when it's so windy you can't fish, it is never too windy to make up tandum rigs. They are a real timesave while on the water.

aj

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

can you post a picture bigfish5?

Post Thanks / Like

I Am Having A Problem With My Hp Photosmart. If I Can Get It To Working I Will Be Glad To Post A Pic. I Have Been Working On My Laptop For Days. Cant Get The Digital Pics To Download From My Memory Card To My Laptop. But I Will Keep Trying.

Post Thanks / Like

I cut a piece of cardboard and wrapped them up. Works for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast