PDA

View Full Version : Went fishin

beenfishin?
02-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Went today and could not get on them! What is up? Water temp anywhere from 51 to 58 degrees. Tried fishin "highways", spawn flats, banks near deep water, you name it! Heck, I even used minners :eek::eek:! Nuthin! I caught some bass, one 5 lber, and 3 short crappie and thats it. Don't understand it. :confused:

fishmannyj
02-18-2009, 07:30 PM
I went out bank fishin today also with not much luck. Been fighting a cold but had to get out for a couple hours. I caught three small bass fishinin a 2 inch red/char jig 4 ft deep from a dock. It was good to get outside anyways. Now my heads stopped up again:(

beenfishin?
02-18-2009, 07:33 PM
I went out bank fishin today also with not much luck. Been fighting a cold but had to get out for a couple hours. I caught three small bass fishinin a 2 inch red/char jig 4 ft deep from a dock. It was good to get outside anyways. Now my heads stopped up again:(

Get well soon!

Fatman
02-18-2009, 07:36 PM
You'll get on em soon enough

Fatman

luvjign
02-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Brian, I couldn't help but remember this morning on my way to work , there's a pasture with about 50 head or so of cows in it just below the levee......and every one of those suckas was laying down at 6:45 right near the road. Now, keep in mind, I've always considered that to be an "almanac myth", and controversial in opinions. I personally don't buy it, but it's funny you mentioned it.... as our region is pretty close. But, it's like this, out of all the folks I know that fish this lake, when you hear "everbody" had a bad day, there's gonna be at least one that smacked'em.......never fails. Therefore, the mystery continues:)

beenfishin?
02-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Brian, I couldn't help but remember this morning on my way to work , there's a pasture with about 50 head or so of cows in it just below the levee......and every one of those suckas was laying down at 6:45 right near the road. Now, keep in mind, I've always considered that to be an "almanac myth", and controversial in opinions. I personally don't buy it, but it's funny you mentioned it.... as our region is pretty close. But, it's like this, out of all the folks I know that fish this lake, when you hear "everbody" had a bad day, there's gonna be at least one that smacked'em.......never fails. Therefore, the mystery continues:)

No mystery to me. I got it all figured out. You see, when them cows is laying down, that's when folks that don't know how to fish get lucky and smack'em. Folks like me, the ones that are EXPERTS, catch'em all them other days. Thats my story, and I'm stickin to it!

skiptomylu
02-18-2009, 11:02 PM
It will not be long then as it's about 62 water temp here and they are in say 5'-9' of water, mostly about 7 1/2' actually. I think they have been catching them for a few weeks just one finger North of me so they probably were even cooler water themps then.

Soon they will show in the staging depth like this and then really shallow.

Skip

Billbob
02-19-2009, 10:25 AM
same at pickwick on sat. and sun.

gone_fishing
02-19-2009, 03:39 PM
they werent biting