Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Went fishin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Went fishin

Went today and could not get on them! What is up? Water temp anywhere from 51 to 58 degrees. Tried fishin "highways", spawn flats, banks near deep water, you name it! Heck, I even used minners ! Nuthin! I caught some bass, one 5 lber, and 3 short crappie and thats it. Don't understand it.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

I went out bank fishin today also with not much luck. Been fighting a cold but had to get out for a couple hours. I caught three small bass fishinin a 2 inch red/char jig 4 ft deep from a dock. It was good to get outside anyways. Now my heads stopped up again
    Was that a bite? Forgot what they feel like!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishmannyj View Post
    I went out bank fishin today also with not much luck. Been fighting a cold but had to get out for a couple hours. I caught three small bass fishinin a 2 inch red/char jig 4 ft deep from a dock. It was good to get outside anyways. Now my heads stopped up again
    Get well soon!
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

You'll get on em soon enough

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, I couldn't help but remember this morning on my way to work , there's a pasture with about 50 head or so of cows in it just below the levee......and every one of those suckas was laying down at 6:45 right near the road. Now, keep in mind, I've always considered that to be an "almanac myth", and controversial in opinions. I personally don't buy it, but it's funny you mentioned it.... as our region is pretty close. But, it's like this, out of all the folks I know that fish this lake, when you hear "everbody" had a bad day, there's gonna be at least one that smacked'em.......never fails. Therefore, the mystery continues
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvjign View Post
    Brian, I couldn't help but remember this morning on my way to work , there's a pasture with about 50 head or so of cows in it just below the levee......and every one of those suckas was laying down at 6:45 right near the road. Now, keep in mind, I've always considered that to be an "almanac myth", and controversial in opinions. I personally don't buy it, but it's funny you mentioned it.... as our region is pretty close. But, it's like this, out of all the folks I know that fish this lake, when you hear "everbody" had a bad day, there's gonna be at least one that smacked'em.......never fails. Therefore, the mystery continues
    No mystery to me. I got it all figured out. You see, when them cows is laying down, that's when folks that don't know how to fish get lucky and smack'em. Folks like me, the ones that are EXPERTS, catch'em all them other days. Thats my story, and I'm stickin to it!
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

It will not be long then as it's about 62 water temp here and they are in say 5'-9' of water, mostly about 7 1/2' actually. I think they have been catching them for a few weeks just one finger North of me so they probably were even cooler water themps then.

Soon they will show in the staging depth like this and then really shallow.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

same at pickwick on sat. and sun.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

they werent biting