Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish fryer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish fryer

Anyone got one of these and do they work good? kinda flimsy i think..fiance got it for me for my bday so at least she is giving me the hint that i need to cook more and fish more!!!!!!!

Bass Pro Shops Propane Cooker with Aluminum Pot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lhumphre View Post
    Anyone got one of these and do they work good? kinda flimsy i think..fiance got it for me for my bday so at least she is giving me the hint that i need to cook more and fish more!!!!!!!

Bass Pro Shops Propane Cooker with Aluminum Pot
    Get the cast iron dutch oven to go with it and pitch the aluminum pan and you will be good to go.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

nothing like cooking with cast iron. be sure to keep it season never wash with soap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WantinCrappie View Post
    Get the cast iron dutch oven to go with it and pitch the aluminum pan and you will be good to go.
    That is what I did.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the turkey fryer, but also use the burner with my cast iron dutch oven for fish. Works great.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

That is what I use with the aluminum pot and it works great and I cook a lot of fish for fish fry's. Never had a problem with it. I did replace the regulator valve this year. I have had it for 8-9 years, and it still does a nice job. I have several fish fry's a year for up to 100 people at some. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Like most said ,toss the pot and get a cast iron one. You will not burn grease or oil near as easy and it will hold heat better. I won't cook for fish fry's around here without my cast iron. Cooked tons of fish too! Too bad your so far away , I commercial fish also. Love those Flathead Catfish fillets and Buffalo ribs. Thet're hard to beat unless it's Crappie fillets.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Cast holds heat better but if you got it for your B day use that. You will love cooking fish in it!
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

i've had one for years had no problems just watch your oil temp and you will be ok

Post Thanks / Like

what is the correct oil temp on these things and how hard are they too light? do you use a long handled BIC lighter or what? mine dont have a push button or anything like a gas grill...i guess just barely open up the gas and light?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast