Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Skip jack herring

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skip jack herring

I am wanting to do some catfishing this year and I want to use cut skip jack as bait.I have heard that it is the best bait to use for trophy cats and that is what I want to catch.How do I catch skip jacks?

Post Thanks / Like

Default i catch them on rod and reel

i catch them on rod and reel

i catch mine near locks and dams on rivers i use a sabiki rig i use a few different styles and colors usually with 6 hooks and a sinker on a snap swivel on the bottom i get mine at local bait stores ranging from $2.50 to $5.00 but i know of a few web sites that carry them also like catfish connections and cabelas in their salt water section if you need any more info on them just shoot me a PM to be sure i get it
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

get a white curly tail grub with a pink head. you can get them at walmart go to locks and damn and start casting into the edge of the swift water. hang on they will slam it. Best to use them fresh. take a cooler with ice on the bottom, take the skipjack put them in a baggy lay them on top off the ice. Shad do the same way. Skips are my favorite. We even found a way to keep the smaller ones alive. So when we tournament fish we have the best bites.

Post Thanks / Like

Both of the above will catch them, but the sabiki rig will absolutely kill them.

Post Thanks / Like

i never used any but it sounds like yalls fishin revolves around um i might have to try sum. does it matter if u live in N.C. will u still catch um
    If you can't fish with the big boys, keep it on the trailor