Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Save money on NIBBLES use The Bait Pistol

fish smarter not harder Guest

Default Save money on NIBBLES use The Bait Pistol

Post Thanks / Like

Is this too blatent for our tastes? Or can anyone vouch for this guy?

To ban or not to ban, that is the question......
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Ed - I've never heard of him/it before. I was keeping my mouth shut - was taught that if I didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all..............oops, guess I missed that lesson plan. :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Sure didn't have much to say other than buy my stuff.I've heard it's a good product , but haven't heard of the poster.Honestly the name seems like an advertisement too.My two cents.I know I was in front of the jury last week , it can be cruel.Eric.
    Last edited by big "E"; 08-24-2004 at 11:15 AM.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I emailed him about contributing, not just advertising. We'll see what he says. Otherwise he can pay me to advertise for him and that would be OK, but not on the actual board, that's not OK (it's fine for you participants though, as long as you're a contributor).
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bait piston is junky garbage, save your $$$$$$$$$$$$

I have posted in the past about this product, saying it was junk, based on the description of it being given. Well I received a catolog the other day for crappie equipment and actually saw a picture of this "bait pistol", now I must say it is more than junk it is garbage. You can do the same thing with an old syringe or any smaller plunger type system. Do not buy the bait pistol, maybe the bait pistol guy will get a clue and stop advertising on all the message boards out there.

whiplash Guest

Thumbs down RE: bait pistol

I had one I ordered from cabelas <> tried it two trips .one ear broke off, but the bad part is the tube,s are expendable and have to be replaced after the have been used once<> so I returned mine for a refund---
    whiplash

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default actually folks

The Cajun Bait Pistol by Mr. Savoie was advertised often on the old board ... and was a voluntary contributing Sponsor at one of the crappie tournaments. I have one of these Pistol's. I have not had a chance to use it, yet. I havent used "nibbles" or other "substances" inserted into my tube jigs. The concept is sound, however - and I doubt a "syringe" would be as easy or effective to use, except on paste scents. The ratchet action of the "pistol" would create a more controllable force than one could get with a syringe.
    Now, while it is true that the Bait Pistol setup is a bit expensive - it is in line with the pricing of another similar product, called "The Bait Pump" (as seen on www.crappiestuff.com). I wouldn't classify either as "junk" or "garbage" ... at least not until after giving them a field trial. I'll report back on mine, as soon as I've had a chance to use it and put it thru its paces.
    As far as the "blatant advertising" - that's up to Ed to decide on which course of action to take, in that regard. As for the "posting member" ... I can't say for sure if it was Lee Savoie or not. The person posting under "Fish Smarter Not Harder" has no info in his profile, so it's impossible to determine. But then, most of the other "posting members" don't have a lot of info in their "profiles", either ... so that proves nothing. So let's all just take a small step back, and let Ed and the "bait pistol people/person" work this out between them. ...............cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bait Pump

I have not tried the Bait Pistol, but I can tell you that the Bait Pump works really well! It can be filled with anything "pasty" even products like Megastrike. We have sold a lot of them and have only had good reviews. It also keeps your boat carpet clean!

See ya!
    Jeannie
    CrappieStuff.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Bait Pump (got it from Jeannie) to fill my tube jigs with nibbles and find that I catch more fish than a plain tube jig when the fish are not actively feeding. When they are active, it doesn't seem to make much difference.

The design and construction of the Bait Pump is good and it is easy to use. If the grip areas on each piece were a little rough (knurled) to give better grip when it is cold and/or your hands are wet, the product would be great.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast