Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seats

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Seats

I guess this isn't really off topic but anyway. I haven't been able to go fishing since we had our BreamBash 2005 because of severe leg pains. Anyway, it seems a dohicky in my watchamacallit is affecting the thingabobs in my leg and that is causing all the pain. I'm waiting on a call from my doctor to translate that MRI into english for me. I do know for sure that I have to start using max lumbar support. Therapist gave me a thing to use while I'm driving but I need something for my boat. Have any of you other old farts gone thru any of this? If so what type seat do you use? So far the ony thing I've been able to come up with is this: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...results1.jhtml

Its hard to tell without actually sitting in one. They are kind a pricey, but if it will keep me on the water its worth it to me. I really need some suggestions.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like that roll under the thye would cut the circulation off .. i like a 2 inch foam on the seat . a 3 inch boggs down after a while and and press toi much on the back of my leggas. just a flat 2 inch firm foam is all i want in the seat
    retired and now i will always fish

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papasage
    looks like that roll under the thye would cut the circulation off .. i like a 2 inch foam on the seat . a 3 inch boggs down after a while and and press toi much on the back of my leggas. just a flat 2 inch firm foam is all i want in the seat
    I'm more concerned about that piece on the back. They are telling me thats what i need for lumbar support. I see what you mean abount the piece under your legs tho. Sure wish I could find one locally to sit on.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds like ti is l4 and l5 no good way with seats just be cut on short time off 3 timer here
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I can feel your pain...a good boat seat can make all the diference.

I did some extensive searching on your behalf...and it looks as if West Marine Store are all over your area. They appear to have the best selection of all kinds of quality seats.

Here's trhere link on the www... http://www.westmarine.com/

Just 'browse categories' to 'boat seats' and look at there selections. These should be IN STOCK so you can sit a spell in each before you buy.

Personnally, i liked the Attwood Centric Chair...

Hope this helps...best of luck and fishing
    " I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more war. " Abbie Hoffman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    I can feel your pain...a good boat seat can make all the diference.

I did some extensive searching on your behalf...and it looks as if West Marine Store are all over your area. They appear to have the best selection of all kinds of quality seats.

Here's trhere link on the www... http://www.westmarine.com/

Just 'browse categories' to 'boat seats' and look at there selections. These should be IN STOCK so you can sit a spell in each before you buy.

Personnally, i liked the Attwood Centric Chair...

Hope this helps...best of luck and fishing
    Thnaks Mack, I'll check them out.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

you can git a upholstery shop to build a backto fit you . and add a lumbar with a extry padd in the aera that is needed . there is a lumbar bladder that can be added to a seat with a hand pump like a blood preasure band has . . some cars has those to with a air pump . . a blood preasure band might work to . the bladder that is avaible for seats at a upholstery supply in my 1999 book at my cost was 15.95 i think the last i ordered was 19.95 for the small one . just have a pice of foam added .
    sit in your seat and use a scrap pice to put in the spot needed . take it fishing and see if it works .just tape it in place and a shop can duplicate it . itwill cost mor for a custom seat but the material should be better and have a cover made for it so it will last for a long time .
    Last edited by papasage; 07-07-2005 at 05:48 AM.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sciatica problems?

If that's it, I can commiserate. Thankfully, mine isn't as severe as it was a couple of years ago, but the bottom line is I sit as little as I possibly can. When we're out fishing, the only time I sit is when we're moving or parked under low hanging trees. Our seats have a small amount of padding, but it's the acute angle of my hip that puts pressure on my nerve (inflamed bursa), rather than lack of lumbar support.
    Let me guess - yours is caused by spinal stenosis?.

- Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of good ideas. Thanks everyone. I don't know what is causing the problems Roberta. The MRI results have been available for 48 hours now but no one will discuss them with me until my doctors talks to me. I'm still waiting and getting madder by the minute.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb cool your jets Bill ...

no need in adding high blood pressure to your problems !!

"No one" but your doctor SHOULD discuss your MRI's with you !! And, remember - you're not the only patient they've got !! I know it's frustrating having to wait ... but, maybe that's a good sign (that they aren't in such a big hurry to discuss them with you, cause the problem isn't that severe ??) Here's hoping that you can get back on the water, in reasonable comfort, and get back to jerkin them Slabs into the boat !! ... luck2ya ...cp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast