Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird 535 VS. Eagle 320

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird 535 VS. Eagle 320

I have one of each units. Which would be the best for the front of my boat for slow trolling? I noticed the 535 has 2000 watts. And the 320 1500. Thanks PB

Post Thanks / Like

Bump

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Eagle 480 on my TM and it works great for spider-rigging so I believe the 320 would work great.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I was wondering if the higher wattage from the Humminbird would be better?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pb crappie View Post
    Thanks. I was wondering if the higher wattage from the Humminbird would be better?
    I'm pretty sure that the high wattage units are for very deep water and normal freshwater depths don't really need that.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I would say the Eagle Fishmark 320. It is so user friendly. Probably the best depthfinder out there bang for the buck.

Post Thanks / Like

Lowrance is the much better unit for GPS and down looking sonar.
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

i have owned the 535 for several years now. But only this year, actually while using it ice fishing, did i learn how well it really works. After really going through and customising the settings(sensitivity primarily, chart speed ect), i can see a 1/64 ice jig, down to over 30 feet deep. I have a much better idea of bottom content and weeds now. i can also seperate larger fish from smaller fish to a point, so i can fish for the larger fish in a given area.
    Really gotta make sure you get the transducer set level, you want it diretly below your fishing zone(not just under the boat like i used to do). Thats been my biggest struggle. The unit does great while trolling, keeps up way better than i would have though.
    have never used the other unit so i cant compare, but i have used it against a similar model of lowrance, and was not even close in comparison, humminbird for me.

HB